"Requesting a Lawyer" Concept

Combine

alt text
I recently came out with the idea that when a wanted player is arrested, from his cell he could type a command to call a Lawyer to do one of these 2 options:

• Reduce prison time for 'x' time for 'x' amount of money that can be arranged between the two throughout the panel.

• Release completely the criminal from jail for a larger amount of money than the first option, there could be a minimum for example 100K.

To keep abuse out of the way each player can only do one of these 2 options per 15 minutes for example. As there is no ATM at cells in jail the wanted the criminal would get this money taken off from his bank instead of his hand.

This is just some stuff I did to make a preview of the concept for test purposes, but nothing definitive... Just so you guys take an idea...

A marker next to LSPD I made to start the Lawyer Job, really close to LS jail.

alt text

alt text

The panel you will get opened by pressing 'L' or with a command instead.

alt text

• Name: The name of the selected wanted player.

• Wanted Lvl: The wanted level of the player. F.e "42"

• Class: The class in which he is spawned. F.e "Arms Assassins"

• Crime: A little text with a maximum of chars possible that can be added by the client from his cell. F.e "Rape in a basement"

• Cost: The cost you are offering your client.

alt text

Note that not all arrested players will appear here, only those that have used the command to request a Lawyer from his cell. Also they won't be able to request a Lawyer when their time jail is below 100 seconds for example.

As a Lawyer you will need to choose the player and offer them a cost, which will pop up a panel for your clients and they will be able to accept or decline.

The "Reduce prison time 30%" button would directly take off that percent of the time that the criminal has.

Unlike the "Get the criminal out of prison" button which will generate a message that tells you to go to LS prison and find a NPC that will let you take your client out. (This last part of the code hasn't been finished but it's being worked on).

So I made this topic to get some feedback of how would this fit the server or not and really just your opinion about this. I would love to see Lawyer have this and I think this could be fair for all sides of the game.

If this gets enough people vouching for it maybe it goes.

• Like 2

@filex said in "Requesting a Lawyer" Concept:

@blade said in "Requesting a Lawyer" Concept:

Me likey, however wouldn't this be abused? Even though it's a money sink (as 50% goes away). I like the concept however.

well yeah it will get abused if the wrong people use it, indeed i suggest a group
so mature people will be able to do the job :sunglasses:

Rather then a group why not do the same as state trooper. Make people work for it and if they abuse it have a way to take it access away from that invidual player.

• 2 weeks later...

An awesome idea that is also fresh and cool, will also revive the Lawyer role.
Also, a bit of an addition to your idea, why not making it available for the jailed Criminals once per 30 minutes. I mean, twice in 15 minutes is a bit too much and some easy too easy money would be gotten. Like, you can get 200k+, if the same criminal can use a Lawyer and if the Lawyer offers 100k. Thats too much money within 15 minutes, fo making it once in 30 mins for everyone seems more fair.

As I stated, the idea is very fresh and will make the players actually play that role. Though, there should be added a "Minimum Offer Count", as we make sure none gets out of jail for 1$. And as stated, I support the idea of only approved people to actually be Lawyera, this role shouldn't be allowed ro everyone.

Thanks for having such a great idea!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...