[QUESTION] Rule 1; part 7

TaaviLaudur

Question

The rule from F1 window: "Killing any player by parking on them, or repetitively ramming them with your vehicle".

So we have following situation: https://streamable.com/aoydov

This got reported ingame and got the following answer by Daryl: "The rule is "killing someone by repetitively ramming them", the second rule relevant would be park arresting, which didn't happen."
So that isnt a rulebreak and no punishment was given to that officer.

I asked a question ingame via /ask about park arresting and got the following answer from SNome: "Ramming multiple times in order to stun lock them is not allowed.

From my prespective the criminal was clearly in a stunlock via ramming.
My question is the following. Who's word should be considered in this situation?
Is this a rulebreak or not?

Edit: If the criminal would of been arrested instead of killed at that situation, would it be a rulebreak?

Yeah month or more ago i got adminjailed for the same reason, Repetitively ramming james but i didn't kill him another crim finished him but i ended up getting adminjail for that, So do the admins know the server rules themself or not?

@NubBob said in [QUESTION] Rule 1; part 7:

Yeah month or more ago i got adminjailed for the same reason, Repetitively ramming james but i didn't kill him another crim finished him but i ended up getting adminjail for that, So do the admins know the server rules themself or not?

As you said Repetitively ramming james is enough. You are not allowed to do that, even if you don't kill me. That's why its called Repetitively ramming.

he didnt get arrested nor was it the cops who killed him so why would it be punishable?

EDIT; when rams like this happens most cops know better than to arrest while the crim is on the ground and he's given a chance to get up

Too many Dogs in this thread. But my question is:
Which brainlet decided to allow park arresting/ ram arresting in the first place, yet criminals are not allowed to ram a cop.

Right now, all that dogs do is, have a SWAT tank with 4 people grabbed onto it, ram + spray + ram a crime with 20 stars and not give him a chance to even take out a weapon.

Anyways, from my POV, the cops deserve a punishment, but who am I to speak, being part of the community for 10 years.

this is not the reports section. any info related to potential violations done by other players is removed (tut)

@Rzz0 its always our fault. Once they shot my car while I was in mid air and the car got on fire. Respectively the game got me out of the car and I died from the fall. They started flaming in the chat and almost reported me for avoid.

And now for the SAES HQ team. Please make the rules clear to the Staff/Admins and the players of course because every staff/admin interprets the rules differently than others.
I have also been punished a few times because of this shit.
Example: I got punished for False reporting and DM along with it because the admin had a certain view on the situation. However, after some time, when I explain the situation and ask if it is punishable, another part of the SAES teams gives me a completely different answer. In the end, my punishment log is being filled out with some bullshit, the gang I am in risks getting denied for a level up and whatsoever.

Get your shit together SAES.

@Tritosh said in [QUESTION] Rule 1; part 7:

What's the difference between park arresting and ramming someone then instantly get out of the car and tase him ? You pretty much can't move in both situations. SAES rules in a nutshell

Ram arrest is when they ram you and then arrest, park arrest is if they park ontop of you and arrest you :)
This is what I got told last time I asked, you can guess by who :)

"Killing any player by parking on them, or repetitively ramming them with your vehicle"
Firstly, The player got killed by a grenade not by the driver.
Secondly Same situation happent to me not by cops but by criminals, i tazed a criminal then i got repetitively ramed by his friend & another criminal killed me when i was laying on the ground.
So just stop that drama and pretending to be angels & law abiding players, players from both sides do the same thing all day long
You disregarded all of that & made a scapegoat of cop siders like they're the one & only people who does that shit.

@Predator said in [QUESTION] Rule 1; part 7:

"Killing any player by parking on them, or repetitively ramming them with your vehicle"
Firstly, The player got killed by a grenade not by the driver.
Secondly Same situation happent to me not by cops but by criminals, i tazed a criminal then i got repetitively ramed by his friend & another criminal killed me when i was laying on the ground.
So just stop that drama and pretending to be angels & law abiding players, players from both sides do the same thing all day long
You disregarded all of that & made a scapegoat of cop siders like they're the one & only people who does that shit.

I'm pretty sure a clarification of the rule would benefit both sides. I ram cops because I've been told that it's allowed. Those cops probably rammed him because they've been told that it's allowed. Some people don't think it's allowed - including certain admins - and that results in confusion on both sides, hence why Taavi is asking for an admin to clarify how the rule should be interpreted

Never take the rule how's it written in the rulebook. This certain rule, and like the most rulebook, can be twisted and manipulated towards you if there's a need (aka brainwashing you with a different views to it regardless of the sentence that's clearly written to the F1) so it really depends who's sorting your report first, and whether the individual that's about to solve your report is in the policing side or not, which in this case can be seen above who is and who is not, so you'll even end dumber than you were at first sight, even if you thought you're right.

So @NubBob congratulations for not getting adminjailed yourself for a avoid, even if it was someones else grenade. But YOU should've known that jail is a mad zone and in the end of the day it's all your fault for being at that specific spot you were, hh.

I think the wording on the rule is unsuitable and is clearly open to interpretation, which in my opinion isn't a good thing.

Of course I believe my interpretation is correct but I can also completely see why people would understand it the other way, this is a very bad experience for players and staff alike.

This is not how everyone will interpret the rule and I respect that. I've opened a topic on the clans private forum to discuss rewording the rule so we all have better clarity on where it actually applies and once the clan comes to a consensus someone will revert back to this topic with an update.

This really shouldn't be a cops vs crims thing, it's very much just the very open wording of a rule causing the issues here - sides don't play a factor.

From my prospective and seeing that video, the person who rammined you repetitively (3 times to be exact) caused around 20-40hp worth of damage to you which in my opinion is clear evidence of attempted stun lock/park arrest or even attempt of DM but most likely the stun lock.

Lets think about this from another prospective. If someone shoots me from 100hp to 1hp but does not kill me, does this mean they do not get punished because they did not kill me? OFC they should get warned/punished because they have clearly made an attempt at breaking the rules. This is where good judgement, experience and good admin skills come into place. Sadly some lack this, some are too black and white which leads to what you see in the video not being punishable (apparently)....

If there is no clear evidence (like if there was not a video) then that changes everything but because the video is there, its very clear what was happening. The cop who was driving the vehicle and who repetitively rammed the criminal in the video should be warned/punished.

@Hassoni said in [QUESTION] Rule 1; part 7:

EDIT; when rams like this happens most cops know better than to arrest while the crim is on the ground and he's given a chance to get up

I'd certainly like to meet these non existent cops who I guess know better than to arrest while you're repetitively ramming us to the point we can't move.

There's literally NO difference in repeatedly ramming a crim to the point where they can't move and parking on top of them for an arrest. They both serve the same purpose and cops use this to their advantage as a way to finesse the rules cause they know they won't be touched. But it's ALWAYS the victim's responsibility to not die in these situations cause then, they'll be "avoiding" right? Yea ok.

This is a failed park arrest attempt and I've seen it countless times. It's the new norm cause admins aren't doing a thing about it. I wonder why?

"...he's given a chance to get up" LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO y'all funny.