Set Rules About Religions

Faysal

Question

That's not something I'm gonna put a poll or vote for but It's a must.
Tonight I've been playing as usual nothing special until I saw that one guy from akrotiri and dhekelia that has only 3 hours ingame with the nickname "Allah" which is our god's name in Islam. First it didn't bother me so much but until him and a swat guy and bunch of assholes started making fun of the religion and asking him questions like he is a real god by saying "I, me.." When I told that guy to change his nickname and stop the shit he's doing. Some Z guy came up saying "Oooh sombody is offended" So, making fun of religions here in the server is allowed? Can I speak about stupid people who doesn't have a god in their life to follow (Atheist) and that they were born accidentally because somehow a man who was born somehow fucked a woman who was born somehow and raised a son like you? Or people who believe that the world is ruled by nature and somehow earth was created by no one and all of these incredible things we see are here somehow? Or maybe I can laugh at people who believe that animals and idols will actually help them in their life. Comon that's ridiculous..

I know that a lot of tunisians in the server say bad words towards Allah but that doesn't mean some don't or you can laugh about it. I'm not speaking like that only for muslims I mean every religion. I respect your religion you respect mine even if you don't have one.

Hope you will do something about that and set some rules such as kick/mute/ban people who make fun of religions or dickheads who wear the name "Allah" and go bitch around with it..

Some screenshots I took about how they were making fun of it
:::
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
:::

That's some screenshots I took but it didn't end shortly.. I'm asking dear admins to take some actions about that. Thanks for reading.

@Lightning said in Set Rules About Religions:

Well people are laughing about Jews and shit all day long, do you find me doing the same post? no, because I take everything sarcastic.

They are hating on jews themselves not your god himself. Big difference since you weren't hating on muslims which I assume that's what you were trying to do as a "revenege" since you're the one who had a good conversation with that guy.
Another difference point here that I love my religion so much that I don't want people to make fun of it. So yeah! Some rules can be added and none will be mad ^^

My man first of all I wasn't trying to offend anyone I was just joking with that guy, second thing, you are suggesting that it will be a rulebreak if someone will insult your personal decision / religion, thing that you actually did in your own post insulting Athaistic people, and third of all everyone can describe their own decision even if it is about joking about some gods / religions / own opinions or anything else this is not a strict law country like North Korea.

Well I suggest to do so in private with your friend not infront of everyone and say it's a "Joke" and that I don't have to take it seriously. I don't care whatever the hell you think about god or what's your issues towards islam or any other religion. You have something in your pocket to say, do it in private. You're literally insulting people with that. Imagine if you know that there are some black or white people here and you go there be racism and say oh I'm joking. Nice way to deal with things but unfortunately no pal. Keep your opinions to yourself or if you have something do say about religions. Grow up and say it with nice words based on facts not "jokes" and yeah in private.

@SNome said in Set Rules About Religions:

mah man this is the internet

I know that people have many opinions about many things but how would you act when somebody wears the name of your god and acts like he is one and people laugh about it. As I said in the topic, It didn't bother me when I saw him first but it went too far when people started on laughing and having fun with "Allah".

@Faysal It's a game, forcing someone to not use a nickname "Allah" or whatever is a bit drastic, however, everyone is laughing about religions and countries in-game there's no reason to take it personally or get offended by that (Especially via Game), we all are humans after all.

Overall I see that topic as a waste of time, It's not like anyone is going to stop laughing about religions since there's nothing wrong about that.

From a religious point of view it is unacceptable. But the moment that prohibiting criticism of an ideology begins, ALL ideologies must be protected. And this is anarchy. Let these people speak, let them in their world, our mistake is to react to their provocations. Just ignore to stop them.

You can be whoever you want to be sexist racist and etc.. nobody can force you not to make fun out of something as it is a game after all. Maybe stop being butthurt because of some random's opinions get a life and grow up maybee?

I understand that people can give their opinions about religions and stuff if it's going to be small and short and no one will get offended by any sort of way. But I'm speaking about the fact of somebody acting like "Allah" ingame, that's when things get serious. You don't see me being offended all the times creating topic about such a thing but when I saw that. I thought it's the right time to do so. Be aware that I'm speaking when things are Too far.

Just use /ignore. I joined the server in late 2009. Back then, it was edgy and you had to be thickskinned sometimes. Now, in 2020, it's the same. You just have to accept that some people will make fun of you, your religion, your country or whatever. They will call you a retard, and some admin will turn all textures into a guy getting a spoon stuck up his butthole. That's just the way it is on SAES. My take on this is; It's probably not going to change - ever. If you want it all to be all flowers and rainbows, SAES isn't the server for you

@Spetnazz said in Set Rules About Religions:

Just use /ignore. I joined the server in late 2009. Back then, it was edgy and you had to be thickskinned sometimes. Now, in 2020, it's the same. You just have to accept that some people will make fun of you, your religion, your country or whatever. They will call you a retard, and some admin will turn all textures into a guy getting a spoon stuck up his butthole. That's just the way it is on SAES. My take on this is; It's probably not going to change - ever. If you want it all to be all flowers and rainbows, SAES isn't the server for you

I actually forgot about that bind.. Yikes, yet I still think we can stop that especially when the game has admins there paying attention to everything and everyone knows each other. In every single online game, you can report a person for being racist or saying bad words towards your religion or the way you speak etc..
Actions can be taken then if the they read the report.. If making fun of people's religions is "funny" and it's "okay" then let the show begins and I can make fun as much as I like about people's thoughts.. But no that's ridiculous for many reasons as I SHOULD RESPECT what people think about god and stuff like that.
I think there are a lot of things we can joke about, why would anyone choose that topic?

None of the less that's how I can end my words I don't have anything else to say besides taking actions if things goes too far. A short "joke" can be acceptable but if more than that, then no.

Oh Im allah look at me Im so funny hahahauahauahaya..

well, I'm not really into religions to be honest but I will say something real quick. In the internet everyone is free to do whatever he want I guess, and u are so weak if u felt offended by some random people like this one, as people mentioned above my comment, try to ignore it since there is a command for it and remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTkHT6UHqkI

I'm the "Z guy" you're referring to and nahh, I didn't say that to make fun of the situation but was simply just making a observation lol... I knew someone would get offended by it all and it seem like you were getting to that point so I said what I said. I would never disrespect someone's religion or their beliefs for entertainment as I am not that kinda person nor would I instigate it. I don't see anything funny bout it.

With that being said, you do realize you're on the internet right ? Where ppl will say AND do watever the fuck they want simply cause they can bc it's the internet. That's just the way it is. You either gon ignore it and keep it moving or bite the bait cause that's what trolls do. Seems like you fell for the latter.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but there won't be any rules set about religion. Or race. Or sexuality. Or gender, etc. etc. Why? Cause it's the internet and that's how it's always been. Simple.

@Lightning said in Set Rules About Religions:

My man first of all I wasn't trying to offend anyone I was just joking with that guy, second thing, you are suggesting that it will be a rulebreak if someone will insult your personal decision / religion, thing that you actually did in your own post insulting Athaistic people, and third of all everyone can describe their own decision even if it is about joking about some gods / religions / own opinions or anything else this is not a strict law country like North Korea.

Joking about religion, hmmm... and I will just tell you something believe it or not it's your problem, There's only 1 god (Allah) and @Faysal will believe me because it's the truth, anything saying that there's another god, It's a bullshit.