July Updates

Afternoon, we hope everyone's having a good weekend and decided to make a news post about what's been going on within the clan/development news this month.

Community Staff

As most of you have probably seen already, we've added 3 fresh community staff members to the team however we didn't make an official topic about it because they all suck. In all seriousness, congratulations to @Tut-Greco @Arma and @Groove who hopefully haven't started abusing already yet.

Vehicle Mods

@Bone has been hard at work adding 2 new vehicle mods to the server. These include both the Club and Enforcer. Images of the mods can be found in the following album: https://imgur.com/a/vFFphvz Both mods are high quality and low in size hopefully giving you a more sexy playing experience.

KATLA / 1.4 Development

As you all know, KATLA is the new game mode that NanoBob and Deso have been working on for some time now which was initially supposed to be the 2.0 sort of release for the clan. However, due to a disagreement which took place between the HQ Team and the KATLA devs, KATLA will no longer be continuing as a gamemode under the SAES Clan. This means, the KATLA gamemode will still be developed however it will be on a completely different server from SAES and is no longer a clan project,
All we can do is apologise as it feels we have been in this situation many times before.

Onto a more uplifting topic, this does infact mean that the 1.4 gamemode is our core focus for development from this point on and our active dev team includes @Blade @Mega9 and @jonas13362 . All of them are sexy beasts and will be looking to make the server a better place for you all.

Bank Robbery Balance Changes

As you've all seen with my topic in general chat concerning the recent BR balance changes, (more details can be found here.
This balance changes put in place are very likely to stay due to the intended performance ingame that we've been witnessing despite some contradictory opinions.

Please Note: Based on the Kill Arrest change listed below, the money reward border could still be subject to change based on how OP kill arrest is.

Kill Arrest Trial

So this is probably the core topic to this post. Poll Details can be found here

Granted this was a very contradictory feature according to the poll however we've decided to give it a trial anyway. At this current stage, kill arrest will only be enabled in the bank/jail for now. This method of arrest will give criminals 50% less jail time than that of a melee arrest while also rewarding cops with 50% less the reward. Massive props @Mega9 for sorting this.

Again, nothing is setting stone here and is purely down to trial due to the high contradictory response we received (we would never expect all criminals to be 100% satisfied with this though). This will be closely monitored with a feedback thread.

I think that's all for now, have a great summer.
Thanks,
~SAES HQ Team / SAES Dev team

PS: Brophy is a mook

I'm going to fully state here that I don't agree on having the kill-arrest thing on the bank robs. Cops already kill there and it's almost impossible to get back to it since you either end up jailed, right after entering the bank or killed trying to get past the defense.

Now you'll have: First criminals in the bank defending from the corridors > When cops arrive, half of them will try to get kills on the corridors while the other half will just camp on the 2nd room waiting for crims to come and spraying them right into jail.

About the staffs, fock them.

About the vehicles mods fix the damn Club's handling. It's a pain in the ass driving that car, which is a shame since the mod is quite good.

About the Katla project, it's a shame. That could have been a new chapter on SAES history. But hey, it wouldn't be SAES if the '2.0 version' didn't end up down the tubes.
No clue on what happened there but it's really a shame.

First time I've read about this kill arrest shit.

Honestly it's the complete right thing to do, there was no downside (upsides if anything) to dying in jail as a criminal.

I would say, killing a criminal in jail is way easier than arresting them manually. I would keep the punishment the same for the criminal (50 percent less jail time) but I wouldn't give the cop half the reward.

We should still incentivise arresting manually and for that reason I think something like 25% of the reward would be more fair and would incentivise cops to still arrest old school.

Either way a good update and it's refreshing to see stuff finally being implemented that actually changes core gameplay features.

@lartsa said in July Updates:

@teddy said in July Updates:

@tefa said in July Updates:

Great new things will get the exciting part of saes back again , but what is KATLA?

-> when you realise 2.0 was in development for so long most most of modern players don't even know what it is

When you realise that he's not even talking about 2.0 but katla.

When you realise that teddy doesn't own a brain

Great new things will get the exciting part of saes back again , but what is KATLA?

-> when you realise 2.0 was in development for so long most most of modern players don't even know what it is

@Teddy

2.0 was never 'in development' teddy like cmon it was just the Saes mythh that the HQ gave to us to keep us playing at saes

When u realize that I have been 5 years or 6 in this server and I am not modern

When u realize that I have been 5 years or 6 in this server and I am not modern

5-6 years in the server but you've never heard of KATLA or 2.0, and it's the first time i'm seeing your nickname
Sure thing mate