Kain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Markus said in [POLL] Remove Speed:

@James said in [POLL] Remove Speed:

mine opinion, instead of Remove Speed add on script that you can not sell drugs in BR and jail, this wood actually be fair enough both side.

people will just sell outside the bank/jail yard

Just make a script where if you enter the jail or bank, your speed is automatically removed.

Why not look to just balance speed instead of removing it? - Only increase movement speed instead of increasing the fire rate of weapons and acceleration of cars..

Or as someone suggested, add protein bars to take drugs place, that way @OverdoseCrime can get their lovely RP and selling ability going as well : )

alt text
after you remove pizza boy from bank robbery and turf cause of me.
and you make buff in cops make shotgun slow and test gun range high and make all time in bank robbery 1 drug dealer from cops out side or enter bank sell drugs and if he die in same time admin jail to who dm and dog drugs not easy kill him to make us agree for delete speed very cleaver:clap: :clap: .
so what you want now delete criminal role play :waitwhat: :waitwhat:

There is literally not a single reason to do so.
What will happen:
Criminal side: Gameplay would become shit, turfs won't be the same; Bank robberies would become even harder (I'm not saying that they should be easy)
Cop side: Have Kill-arrest; instant respawn; HLS and DE and the recent removal of the medic/cluck at bank robberies.
Now tell me is it even remotely logical to remove the only thing helping criminals against all the benefits of the cop side.
If speed is removed it would impact the whole scene from shooting to the economy. Where would people spend their money? The inflation will come inevitably people's money would be impaired.
I think @Paradox said it best.

Why don't u make better suggestions that will increase members' activity and many more instead of raping sides?

Better add something new instead of removing the old stuff. Yes, it is harder, but isn't it better to go the extra mile for better results?
Newton said it a long time ago "to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" when you propose such radical changes to the gameplay you better suggest a nerf to the cop side too. I don't think it's productive to only nerf one side of the server and buff the other with such huge changes.
It's the same thing with kill-arrest.
I suggest maybe have 1 week without speed and 1 without kill-arrest or maybe 1 week without them both. We can't say what's going to happen if the change is made we can only speculate. So the best thing that could be done is to make a test period (as long as most people are willing to try) and see where it goes from there.
Edit: Maybe speed cooldown should be added so people have to think before they buy speed (1-2mins) but fully removing it is a bad decision because it may bring many unwanted consequences. The idea is to take baby steps along the way until we can finally make the big jump.

Unpopular opinion: as everyone in your surrounding is using speed it evens the playing field and the advantage of using it will be gone. It only costs you time and money to acquire it.

Thats why, in my opinion, speed enhancing drugs should be removed.

You can drug yourself to make yourself run faster, that is totally right, but looking realistically at it you simply cannot drug your weapon to make it shoot faster nor you can drug your engine to make your vehicle faster. I'd say the speed either gets nerfed to the point where it just makes you run faster, or it basically gets removed.

124 people already voted "no" so i highly doubt you've talked with anyone from the "high ranked criminal organisation" as none of my boys had that pleasure to discuss about it and i think level 5 active gang is enough to be considered as high ranked.
alt text
^this is a good suggestion

@Jay said in [POLL] Remove Speed:

No - don't remove it this way. It gets boring removing things for the sake of removing them, without providing an alternative that would perhaps bring the game towards more fair and or consistent gameplay. Speed is fun. I can see from a cop side of things that having 20 or 30 criminals inside a bank rob is a nightmare to deal with sometimes when they are all high on speed firing combat shotguns, but just removing something for next to no reason is just going to make this game more dry than it already is.

I've said it before, I think there just needs to be alternative options with similar effects, or even counters. Maybe energy drinks or protein bars could provide a legal way to have a similar effect to speed with perhaps making it cheaper but doesn't last as long. These can be sold at any food places, sold by food vendors or how about we could even place vending machines around high traffic areas such as banks, jails or store robs so people can stock up before attending.
Maybe even replace the 'sandbag' rounds in police shotguns to a type of 'anti-speed dart' than temporarily removes the effect? These sorts of things should be easily added as it is surely just playing with some simple code that is already used in game.

A few ideas. Just for once I would like to see something added to the server instead of just removing yet another popular mechanic because it's "an easy fix".

@Jay I think for the first time in a long time I agree with Jay.

Its easy to just remove mechanics instead of reinventing them, which is why little has changed to this server over the years.

The server gets LOADS of suggestions each month and rarely any of them with high votes are implemented. If you want people to help you do things, offer them a reason to do it. Not just 'for the good of the community'.

All I am seeing is 2 people making/amending rules and wanting to remove stuff. Instead of actually developing the server to introduce new mechanics and new systems....

Oh banks are broken, well change the system..... we have had the 3/4 gate and 8 vault system for a decade. Lets you know, think of something else......

@MWL said in [POLL] Remove Speed:

You can drug yourself to make yourself run faster, that is totally right, but looking realistically at it you simply cannot drug your weapon to make it shoot faster nor you can drug your engine to make your vehicle faster. I'd say the speed either gets nerfed to the point where it just makes you run faster, or it just basicly gets removed.

If I have to be completely honest that's the stupidest suggestion I've read in the past 5 months(no offence).
It will not only nerf everything crims use but it would buff the cops by a HUGE margin since we won't have the buffs and cops would. Being able to run faster will help cops in BRs A LOT because crims wouldn't have the attack speed to keep them away. Cops gotta be agile they gotta "evade" the bullets while crims have to stay in one place, hence the speed will be only used by cops.

Has anyone thought of giving speed diminishing returns or harmful effects?

My idea is as speed wears off it makes you run slower for a few seconds. ( Kind of having a high for some time then having a crash.)

Also, we can have different types of speed. The quality of drugs would fluctuate depending on buying from a non-official gang criminal drug dealer and someone from an official gang criminal. If you dont like that cops have access to it too then you can make non-official criminals drugs increase speed at half the speed of official gangs.

Non-Official gang criminals speed: ( cops selling to other cops )
Doesnt not give increased vehicle acceleration nor fire rate.

Officials gang criminals speed: ( criminals selling to other criminals )
Basically is the speed we have now.

Personally I dont wanna see speed removed, however I think it needs a rework for balance sake.

Feel free to critique my ideas.

@Daryl said in [POLL] Remove Speed:

Personally I feel like the game would be more consistent without speed. Even now when cops are benefitting from it to some extent during bankrobs, I do think that overall the idea that adding a mechanic to the game where you could pay to move faster, shoot faster and drive faster than other people was short sighted.

I actually don't think this is even a cops vs crims issue, genuinely think removal of speed wouldn't impact one side more or less than the other, it would just make the game more consistent.

I doubt it will pass, people aren't very fond of change but it'd be nice if people considered this from a perspective of the game itself as opposed to "us vs them" mentality.

-1, for opinion, not all the server players got good fps, speed fix this sometimes, although speed have been on this server for years however any cop spawn as crim he gets speed and continue killing cops, as speed in represent in crim side, rubber shotgun is represented in copside so its 1 by 1, although crims not always having drugs
thats my point

Won't waste my time with explanation why speed shouldn't be removed (even though I never used it and never will), as many people above me have already said it very well. Now, instead of always looking to remove things which players enjoy, how about trying to solve problems for once with addition of something new. Add some kind of strong painkillers to drug dealers which restore players health.
When it comes to bank robs, cops using speed is not the main problem criminals are facing. People who suggested cops getting wanted level when buying drugs are trying to deal with smaller problems because they figured out noone will revert changes which caused big problems, which is kill-arrest, while disallowing food salesman in bank robs. Personally, I think kill-arrest is feature that is a great thing in bank robs and jail breaks, but many criminal sided players will disagree with me on that one and I respect that.

Simply add pain killers to drug dealer sell GUI and people will be a bit happier about the situation.