Invisible road bump.

StarWars

Question

So, this.
I've been bothered by this bump for quite a while already, and the worst part of it is the fact that I don't really remember this to be a thing before.

It's either me, that never noticed or this wasn't a thing.
alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

I assume there could be some sort of a way to work it around, either creating a small ramp over it, to avoid it, or by deleting them.

Either way, this needs to be gone...

15 answers to this question

Okay, due to boredom (And lack of tasks at work) I did my research on it, started a new game in my GTA SA and used a hydra to get to the spot. As at the work pc I don't have steam, got a pirate version of gta sa. (Can't show the pictures I've taken with the camera.)

Anyway.. The thing is. There is that bump. Which means I've simply ignored it's existance before.

@skerdi said in Invisible road bump.:

Its the first time that I heard of it, I tried it in gta and mta too, nothing happened. Probabbly it varies from gta versions

I'm afraid that you're wrong. That is an actual thing that was there all the time, but we simply didn't notice, the older cars (Non modded ones) didn't get caught there, you simply could see the wheels freaking out a bit and that's all. It wasn't an issue, but since we have lower cars now, we can literally turn into some sort of bouncy balls and fly off in the distance before landing over the roof of some building.
So we essentially didn't notice it due to a few reasons:

1- No one ever goes to RC.
2- When we do go there, we rarelly drive low modded cars so we don't notice the bump at all.
3- It is invisible, and you can sometimes blame lag for your crash so you won't even notice that it was due to that bump.

get me the map id of the following object and ill look into fixing it momentarily - use map editor and remove nearby world objects so that you can easily select it using world object picker @StarWars

@Tut-Greco said in Invisible road bump.:

the invisible bump is caused by the grass sticking through the road, it's R*'s mistake

this can be patched