Language Specific Chats

Herrjorss

Question

hi

You've all probably witnessed how turks or whoever, spam their ooga booga cultic chants in the mainchat and stack up mutes all the time. A simple solution such as creating nation- or language specific chats for foreign chatter would probably reduce these types of incidents greatly and wow you probably would never have to witness the hornet nest of what we call the estonian community in the main chat ever.

oh and also adding the ability to hop between chats because as rare as it is for an average saes player, some people have the intellectual capability of speaking more than two languages

6 answers to this question

@Tut-Greco said in Language Specific Chats:

there is already a language chat, /country which assigns you to a chat. you cannot be in a party and country chat simultaneously though, IIRC. just mentioning it here even though it may not solve your suggestion

I don't see the point of why it has to be so complicated, would definitely like to see an actual chat that everyone involved would properly see.

@kipt said in Language Specific Chats:

@Tut-Greco said in Language Specific Chats:

there is already a language chat, /country which assigns you to a chat. you cannot be in a party and country chat simultaneously though, IIRC. just mentioning it here even though it may not solve your suggestion

Those that actually work? Last I heard, it was broken.

it did work last time i was on

what about using accented letters (for me those are , , , , , , , , ,) automatically sending your text to a country chat instead of mainchat?
idk if it's doable though, obviously more than one language uses "" for example, but idk.

maybe you could even do it based on ip, South and Central America (besides Brazil), and Spain would get assigned to a specific chat.

edit: i don't even know if that's doable because i don't know anything about coding