Wheels keep rotation when engine is off

Tut

Question

i think it would be cool to have cars wheels facing the same direction after the engine is turned off (like in real life). if you want them to face right, simply hold D and then press P to turn the engine off.
alt text

12 answers to this question

It's a good suggestion but I don't really see a practical use for this, it's a nice feature to have but I don't really see a practical situation where this would come in handy, also I don't really imagine pulling someone over, setting the vehicle behind and trying to lock the wheels in a certain position, things get even worse if you have to turn the vehicle's engine off for it to work.. I don't really see a use, but it adds to the realism, I guess.

Like Scorpyo said, this is not possible to do properly.
Wheels do not respond properly to trying to modify their rotation (as you can notice when you try to modify them in the custom car shop).
Because of this the only other option would be to have an invisible ped inside the vehicle, which would have it's control state set to mimic the last control of the player. And then this ped would have to be removed when you enter the vehicle again, which would again reset the wheels.

So the only posible solution, is a crappy one. And way too much effort for something as minor as this.