[SUGGESTION] New system about wanted civilians

RAMPAGE

Question

alt text

Dear community, RAMPAGE here!

I've a "little" suggestion about civilians life (new system about civilians being wanted). I was thinking if a civilian has 0 wanted level then he remains in the civilians team in TAB but if the civilian gets wanted with 1 wanted level or more, he gets moved to the criminals team in TAB as he somehow stopped being a "normal" civilian and he's now a criminal because he has a wanted level of 1 or more and he's wanted by the police.

Once he gets unwanted and having 0 wanted level (by getting a bribe from a cop, by getting arrested and released from jail, if he gets his wanted level reseted by an admin or by any other way) then he gets moved back to the civilians team in TAB. This would give civilians the possibility of playing as criminals and being treated as criminals the time they're wanted by the police. By being "treated as criminals" I mean that they'll be full criminals because they've wanted level and they'll be able to do criminal activities such as SR (or they'll be able to open gates/cells at jail because they'll be at criminals team... civilians team can't open them as they don't have access to it). Their yellow colour could remain when they get changed to criminals team in TAB or it could get changed from yellow to criminals's red colour.

When they get moved back to civilians team, it changes back to yellow. They won't lose their civilians job too. For example: a civilian trucker gets wanted and he gets moved to cirminal team and he's now a criminal until he gets unwanted... He'll continue being able to play as trucker and do trucker's jobs at the same time that he has access to criminal activities (SR for example) and he's able to participate at them until he gets unwanted and has 0 wanted level.

Criminals's team in TAB will look something like this (if we decide to keep civilians's yellow colour):

alt text

Some questions I've been asked from people about this suggestion and my idea:

"So I guess my question is why? What benefit would moving them to criminal tab have?": It would make much more sense imo as a wanted civilian at the moment he gets wanted in some way he stops being a "normal" civilian and he becomes a "wanted" civilian (criminal because he's wanted by the police). Therefore, he should stop being part of civilians team (which are unwanted and are "normal" civilians) and get moved to criminals team until they lose their wanted level (imo). I think it would improve civilians life and give them some "fun" and raise their activitiy as they'll be able to become criminals at the moment they get wanted and do criminal activities. Apart of their civilian jobs, they'll have more stuff to do if they get wanted and become criminals. There would be much more variety of criminals playing around with different classes (mechanics, taxi drivers, pizza boys, truckers, etc). Once they get moved to criminals team in TAB they'll also be able to open gates/cells at jail (I suppose? But I'm not sure about this). With this, they'll be able to attend and participate at JBs... BRs, PBRs, etc. I'm pretty sure that players will spawn more often as civilians. They'll be able to see SR blip on map/radar too and participate at it like any other criminal spawn (carjacker, pickpocket, arms dealer, etc). (Question by @Daryl ).

"So a trucker wouldn't have to spawn as a "criminal" to participate in criminal activities?": Nope, he just spawns as civilian > trucker. At the moment he spawns, if he has a wanted level he automatically gets moved to criminals team in TAB. If he's unwanted then he remains at civilians team in TAB. (Question by @Human_ ).

"Would you apply this to like ALT too?": I don't really know, probably? It could be applied I guess. But if we apply to ALT then we could apply this to other "civilian" groups? For now the idea is only for civilians. Later on we might see if this can get applied to ALT or other "civilian" groups. (Question by @Daryl ).

"Would you change their colour (civilian's colour once they get moved to criminals's team)?": This is just the main idea. Details like for example the changing of colours at the moment they get moved from civilians team to criminals team or viceversa should be discussed after. I see both options good: if they keep the yellow colour or if they get the criminal's red colour. (Question by @Daryl ).

alt text

I'd like to hear some opinions, feedbacks and thoughts from you. If you think of anything to improve this idea then let me know and I'll add it to this post.

Some possible improvements:

"On the other hand, not all wanted civilians are delinquents.": Only civilians with 10 or more wanted level must be moved to criminals's team in TAB. Civilians with a wanted level between 1 and 9 should be still treated as "normal" civilians as their wanted level isn't so high so they can still remain at civilians's team in TAB.

11 answers to this question

I thought about this before when I came back from inactivity,I thought of this idea after I was that you could be adminjailed for doing criminal activities as a civilian. Personally I never really understood the rule. Civilians can still commit crimes,they are normal people,not angels. People should be punished for not acting their role,yes..But in my eyes a civilian should be punished by not acting their role by being arrested for having a wanted level. Not by being adminjailed,unless they were of course breaking some other rule in the server.

"That would force wanted civilians to buy guns and defend themselves.": I don't think it'll force that or anything because... isn't that how it's now? If you spawn as any civilian class and you're wanted police can arrest you. It's your decision if you take some guns with you to defend yourself from cops if they try to arrest you while you're wanted and playing as civilian (for example: playing as trucker and being wanted by doing illegal trucking jobs). The difference is that you ain't a criminal, you're still a civilian but just a wanted civilian wanted by the police (and here's where it comes my suggestion... wanted civilians should become criminals if they're wanted).

"On the other hand, not all wanted civilians are delinquents.": You're right here. That's why you made me think about this: only civilians with 10 or more wanted level must be moved to criminals's team in TAB. Civilians with a wanted level between 1 and 9 should be still treated as "normal" civilians as their wanted level isn't so high so they can still remain at civilians's team in TAB.

@Kybali0n

@Exile said in [SUGGESTION] New system about wanted civilians:

I thought of this idea after I was that you could be adminjailed for doing criminal activities as a civilian.

It is not a rulebreak to assists criminals as civilian (just to clear this up). According to the civilian information in F1, they can choose between doing illegal stuff or not. If you ever got adminjailed for this, you're free to discuss about it.
In the other hand, what is a rulebreak is for other classes with a specified role to miss play it (such as criminals aiding cops to arrest other criminals, cops aiding criminals to not get arrested by other cops, medics killing people, etc etc etc).

I don't mind the idea. But maybe adding them to the 'criminal team' once they got jailed and keep them there (criminal spawn) until they respawn.

Now about letting them participating in criminal activities, I'm not sure tbh, but I wouldn't mind that much.

@RAMPAGE said in [SUGGESTION] New system about wanted civilians:

"On the other hand, not all wanted civilians are delinquents.": You're right here. That's why you made me think about this: only civilians with 10 or more wanted level must be moved to criminals's team in TAB. Civilians with a wanted level between 1 and 9 should be still treated as "normal" civilians as their wanted level isn't so high so they can still remain at civilians's team in TAB.

@Kybali0n
This, but make it 5 stars. 10 stars is too big milestone for this.