Vehicle on sale and car respawn

Gengar

Question

To not make a long post and get straight to the point, when player sets his own vehicle on sale, why not exclude that vehicle from automatic car respawn? At least for the time when owner of vehicle is online.
Basically, player spawns vehicle, sets it on sale and parks it somewhere where people can see it. As long as that player is online, his vehicle doesn't respawn, unless he parks it himself from disc.

Here's a poll for players to state if they would even like this to be a thing:

19 answers to this question

@NotNico said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

I would like to see this, if its restricted to 1 vehicle per player.

I was kinda hoping, if it gets approved, to be for as many vehicles as player wants. The only restriction I'd place is that vehicles won't be excluded from respawn if player goes offline. As ferthis mentioned, this can bring role play of car dealers and maybe even start up some car dealership role playing groups. + players could put to some good use all those car shops we have ingame, besides just buying vehicles from state.
Though, I can see what unlimited vehicles per player could do to server, so if there needs to be restriction, let it be no less then 5 vehicles per player.

@Gengar Ye, as Ferthis mentioned aswell. People might put all of there cars on sale on LVX for example. Which may result in a shitload of vehicles there. Having a restriction on the amount of vehicles, or maybe a restriction on the amount of vehicles within a certain Radius, might solve this possibility.

With having a max amount of vehicles within a radius, you could still start up your own Roleplaying groups as Car salesman.

@Ramby well, that would disencourage people to make / design thier own places to sell cars for Roleplays etc. If people have thier own small property, and sell vehicles there as a startup Cardealer, that would be much more realistic / More Roleplay abilities.

@NotNico True, but having different places for selling cars would not create an overview. Maybe some designated spots over the map, so you know where to look for it? You can build or create a market there, but just so you know where to look.

@Zei said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

But what if people abuse it and for example set the carpirce at 999,999,999 so no one could buy it and he also will get alot of benifits for example at SR his car will not respawn

Don't see that as much of abuse. I look at it more as profit for CC impounders.

@Joshbond said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

@Gengar yes as long as there are rules for where it can be put. I.E not blocking Jail, banks etc. Must be placed off roads and not in the way of any important building.

CC impounders

@Gengar said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

@Zei said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

But what if people abuse it and for example set the carpirce at 999,999,999 so no one could buy it and he also will get alot of benifits for example at SR his car will not respawn

Don't see that as much of abuse. I look at it more as profit for CC impounders.

@Joshbond said in Vehicle on sale and car respawn:

@Gengar yes as long as there are rules for where it can be put. I.E not blocking Jail, banks etc. Must be placed off roads and not in the way of any important building.

CC impounders

Fair enough