Suggestion: "Role-play" handcuffs

Howlze

Question

Hi everyone,

The Idea:
Adding a pair of handcuffs that are strictly for role play usage. They should be restricted to SAi, Secret Service, DE, HLS, ProCop. Adding them to official squads could be considered, however, I just feel like it is too easy to become a part of an official squad. They didn't earn it the same way you did in the restricted groups - you had to prove your worth, that you know how to role-play and actually play the game. Not just play the arrest and kill everyone game.
These handcuffs are supposed to be used to put people that are a threat to either the national security (Secret Service) in custody.

How should they work?
They should restrict the person who is cuffed from running (shift-running) - or perhaps at a limited speed. They should not be allowed to pull out any form of guns either.
Both parties (the one cuffing & the one being cuffed) should confirm the action, this should be added to prevent any sort of abuse. Considering they are STRICTLY for role play usage, a confirmation system should not be troublesome whatsoever.

Why?
To allow more role-play ideas. The entire role-playing scene is getting saturated, and people are getting tired of the typical - get pulled over, talk for a few minutes, and then get a bribe to role-play episode. Therefore, it is time to add some new features, that would give people the interest of role-playing.

Looking forward to seeing your criticism.

25 answers to this question

I'm down for this but i'd suggest something on it, make it so that both players must agree that the crim is getting cuffed (meaning a cop doesn't just cuff anyone regardless if the person wants to RP or not, or wants to be given a chance to flee RP-wise) after that the cuffs had to be removed by the cop who put it, if he quits the server or dies. Also making it so that the cuffed player cannot be arrested to prevent random trainees from ruining a RP

Would you player need to approve handcuffs being used on them? Just for the sake of abuse. I get they'd be for specific groups but bare in mind our player base lol (me for example I will deffo handcuff @Joe )

@Jay

Not necessary confirm, but also could be something like having to stand next to x person, and it would take around 5 seconds to handcuff. If any person would move, it would stop the handcuffing

@Pera98 said in Suggestion: "Role-play" handcuffs:

I'm down for this but i'd suggest something on it, make it so that both players must agree that the crim is getting cuffed (meaning a cop doesn't just cuff anyone regardless if the person wants to RP or not, or wants to be given a chance to flee RP-wise) after that the cuffs had to be removed by the cop who put it, if he quits the server or dies. Also making it so that the cuffed player cannot be arrested to prevent random trainees from ruining a RP

I agree with that ^
If it's for RP purposes then during the roleplay, both people should agree on it in the script itself, also making it so the person that's cuffed(if wanted) cannot be arrested by other cops is a good way to prevent any form of trolling.
It would be appreciated if you add those bits to your suggestion, if you agree with them of course @Howlze

@fenter said in Suggestion: "Role-play" handcuffs:

SAES isn't a RP server isnt it?
(besides what if i dont want to be handcuffed?)

Both parties (the one cuffing & the one being cuffed) should confirm the action, this should be added to prevent any sort of abuse.

It requires confirmation so you won't be handcuffed if you don't want to. Also there are people who still RP.