Fixing top bar spam

M7mod

Question

16 answers to this question

This is due to MTA not being able to run things in the background. So for example if you play in full screen and you tab out of the game, your fps drops to 0. Which means anything that has to be rendered is temporary paused. Due to the way the topbar is made, this enables stacking the messages. It'd require us to completly rewrite the topbar which is currently not on our priority list.

@m7mod said in Fixing top bar spam:

@tut-greco why would I learn scripting ? I'm even interested I just stated an opinion and waiting for an SAES HQ to reply not you.

are you crazy scripting is the best thing in MTA !
and this problem was happening with me too when i go AFK and i just wait 30s or 10s and it's gone you don't even have to make a topic for it

@master-chief said in Fixing top bar spam:

@m7mod said in Fixing top bar spam:

@tut-greco why would I learn scripting ? I'm even interested I just stated an opinion and waiting for an SAES HQ to reply not you.

are you crazy scripting is the best thing in MTA !
and this problem was happening with me too when i go AFK and i just wait 30s or 10s and it's gone you don't even have to make a topic for it

alternatively just bind num_3 saeshud and press the key on ur numpad before tabbing out, then press the key when tabbed back in

@tut-greco, nice thinking but a little side note. If you do the /saeshud AFTER you come back, that won't change anything. You'll disable the top bar for the moment but as soon as you toggle it back the spam is still there.

@kipt said in Fixing top bar spam:

@tut-greco, nice thinking but a little side note. If you do the /saeshud AFTER you come back, that won't change anything. You'll disable the top bar for the moment but as soon as you toggle it back the spam is still there.

yep, same as killfeed, it won't erase after using /saeshud, it'll have to fade out