Body damage script

Silence

Hello Community!

I've seen this suggestion several times. Damage at different parts of your body.

• Arms, legs and ass takes reduced damage.

• Torso takes normal damage.

• Head takes more damage.

• If killing bullet is headshot - head explodes!

Illustration below:
:::

:::

However as many other great suggestions, most of the time nothing comes out of it.

So I sat down yesterday with a nice cup of coffee and did some things.

In short, this script detects which body part the player is shot at and with what weapon. From there it calculates and reduces player health accordingly.

Video preview of the body damage script in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKqUPQP95k

(Also keep in mind, these damages are all subject to change, nothing is set. I may have exaggerated damage to show the difference)

However... I made this topic to ask you guys, the community, if this is something you want. So I've made a poll

This script is not done, and there are things that needs to be changed, such as weapon damage.

I felt it would only be fair if I made you guys discuss and decide that!

I would like to ask you guys to suggest and comment your opinion on how much each weapon should do when shot at the..

• Head

• Arms/legs/ass

Torso remains normal damage.

(A player has 100 health)

Current data for a death on SAES is:
3 shots deagle / sniper
10 shots of M4
12 shots of Uzi / MP5
3 shots of CS

If this is something you guys want, I'll work on finishing the script

Wouldn't that make CLO/DE headshot less special? The respected and special groups already lost most of its special things...

I would vote +1 but just because of CLO/DE special things, I have to vote no

aaaaand, imagine that in jailbreaks/bankrobs with kill-arrest script(hhhhh anything with kill-arrest script is op)

@Brazz
Hey. Thanks for your input. I can see what you're trying to say, however

CLO/DE headshot is instant. One bullet to the head is a kill. It would still be special.
You mention jailbreaks/bankrobs. You would still kill police faster if you have a good aim.

What about cops patrolling? You would still kill them faster if you have good aim aswell.
This is an attempt to bring skill into shooting

@Lincoln
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to headshot someone moving or running. It has a small hitbox.
Most of the time you hit arms, legs, and ass. Which right now does like 50% reduced damage.

Also keep in mind, these damages are all subject to change, nothing is set. I exaggerated damage to show the difference

Unless you guys have a trainer for getting headshots I don't see this being any easier

No headshot, just imagine players crying and claiming headshot is op, thats op and if you want a realistic thing this is just a game. And also this will bring more deathmatching, a new player will shot you in head with colt in sr or anywhere and you die immediately. What about taser if you are shot in the head do you still die tho?

@Skerdi

These damages are all subject to change, nothing is set. I may have exaggerated damage to show the difference.

Every weapon damage can be modified.

When you are shot, several parameters are thrown into a function such as the weapon that you have been shot with

@Silence Hey, taking time to aim and shooting is enough to get killed by 3 shoots in the head, there's the headshot in sniper only for CLO/DE and noobs like @Teddy mentions Hydra and Hunters, like if we can use it 24/7 in bankrobs, storerobberies and more criminal vs cop activity.
Well, not even headshot we can use in our normal gameplay because of people crying about that.

I like your idea of making skill>random 10 shoots with m4 but I don't like the part of your idea that makes DE/CLO less special ;)

This is actually a genius idea, lets get to Brazz, about "special things". what Teddy already mentioned they have hydra/hunters already, "that's actually enough for them", beside of that they also got some weapons which is also "special" like knifes. Whatever, I think we can give it a try like kill arrest

Voted for no, imagine this in a cop vs crim situation, tazer makes you unconcious with 1 shot regardless where you aim with it. This definetely makes the shit harder when we depend of this 'body part demage', obviously none's aim is perfect, no ones. We criminals obviously fight with a guns, and that makes a unfair scenario. When there's already alot of equipment that's pain in our ass, talking about shotgun with rubber bullets, ending with the overpowered tazer that takes from the other side of the city, we don't need that.

Not sure if you're trying to gather power for cop side, but this explains.

@PulaR said in Body damage script:

@Brazz DE/CLO got armour thats enough :D

That's the point I want to go. DDT and HLS(Probably SS too) have armor and they are not special groups... They already took too much from the special groups, dont you think?

@Siper_

We had more things and they got removed from us for being too overpowered, like if a SPECIAL group isn't meant to be overpowered? And as I mentioned, we are limited in usage of any special vehicles

@Brazz said in Body damage script:

@PulaR said in Body damage script:

@Brazz DE/CLO got armour thats enough :D

That's the point I want to go. DDT and HLS(Probably SS too) have armor and they are not special groups... They already took too much from the special groups, dont you think?

@Siper_

We had more things and they got removed from us for being too overpowered, like if a SPECIAL group isn't meant to be overpowered? And as I mentioned, we are limited in usage of any special vehicles

Have to agree with Brazz here. CLO/DE used to have their HS' on non stop, we could use duals at SR's aswell. As you can see those two things are in the past now. We are limited with usage of our special vehicles only for the wars, imagine seeing us raiding SR's with Rhinos, Hunters and Hydras, would be awesome.
Back to the main subject, I do like the idea ;)

^Because if this gets added to game, it will be a big impact that will also affect the speciality of the special groups which are not really that special anymore

About the suggestion, as I stated before, I like it but makes CLO/DE less special

This is a good idea,and with the right numbers it shouldn't hurt DE/CLO HS ability.
My suggestion for theses numbers are:

Deagle/Sniper
Torso: 3
Head: 2
Everything else: 5

M4
Torso: 10
Head: 6
Everything else: 15

For the SMGs i also suggest increasing the MP5 dmg (if is possible) due to worst moving speed while aiming compared to both Uzi and TEC 9.Here's the numbers

MP5
Torso: 11
Head: 9
Everything else: 17

Uzi/Tec9

Torso: 12
Head: 11
Everything else: 20

CS

I love the idea on its own.

Talking about CLO / DE as a special group is a non-sense nowadays. The only special part about it its how you get invited, not much else. Even tho I'm complete trash, I was lucky enough to be part of the (g)old CLO days before CLO had (almost) every single little thing that made CLO removed. Now if you leave the base with a rhino your chances of getting banned go through the roof. I'm not saying abuses don't happen, even more if you're Scottish, but removing (almost) everything is nonsense. When some changes come to the server I'm usually supportive, until a certain point, but on the CLO matter, I'm not shy to say that I would love them back.

On the topic itself, I'm not sure about the 'fair' values for each hit, I'm sure you guys will find one and I'll be here to test it (and to reject it). All I can say is that more powerful weapons should give more damage aka kill faster.

@VinnyBL said in Body damage script:

This is a good idea,and with the right numbers it shouldn't hurt DE/CLO HS ability.
My suggestion for theses numbers are:

Deagle/Sniper

M4
Torso: 10
Head: 6
Everything else: 15

For the SMGs i also suggest increasing the MP5 dmg (if is possible) due to worst moving speed while aiming compared to both Uzi and TEC 9.Here's the numbers

MP5
Torso: 11
Head: 9
Everything else: 17

Uzi/Tec9

Torso: 12
Head: 11
Everything else: 20

CS