red bar at login panel

Noizi

That has nothing to do with the internet connection lol
You either have the username and / or password misspelled or you enter the server using another PC and then switched back to that one. In that case, the hashing, from the password, gets changed / bugged (who knows) and doesn't get recognized, so all you have to do is rewrite your password, which I believe you already did since I'm 11 hours late to the party.

@kipt said in red bar at login panel:

You either have the username and / or password misspelled or you enter the server using another PC and then switched back to that one. In that case, the hashing, from the password, gets changed / bugged (who knows) and doesn't get recognized, so all you have to do is rewrite your password, which I believe you already did since I'm 11 hours late to the party.

It does have something to do with the internet
If you are lagging so bad, and keep pressing the login button, once the server receives the login event, password hashing will be done as many times as you pressed ( i guess, from my experience ), so it will be bugged for sure.

@Scorpyo
Only way internet could affect this is if he actually has no internet connection when clicking login. Your password does not get hashed and salted by your own computer. So no matter how many times you click login, it won't hash it more. It gets hashed and salted server-side in a method once credentials are sent. And that only happens once when clicking login. After that, then through another method it gets compared to the actual hashed value stored in the database.

Your password will always be hashed the same way no matter how many times you click login. Either Noisyboy didn't have internet connection whilst clicking login, or it was a typo.

@Silence said in red bar at login panel:

@Scorpyo
Only way internet could affect this is if he actually has no internet connection when clicking login. Your password does not get hashed and salted by your own computer. So no matter how many times you click login, it won't hash it more. It gets hashed and salted server-side in a method once credentials are sent. And that only happens once when clicking login. After that, then through another method it gets compared to the actual hashed value stored in the database.

Your password will always be hashed the same way no matter how many times you click login. Either Noisyboy didn't have internet connection whilst clicking login, or it was a typo.

@Scorpyo said in red bar at login panel:

@kipt said in red bar at login panel:

It does have something to do with the internet
If you are lagging so bad, and keep pressing the login button, once the server receives the login event, password hashing will be done as many times as you pressed ( i guess, from my experience ), so it will be bugged for sure.

@Silence said in red bar at login panel:

@Scorpyo
It still wouldn't be hashed more than once.

I faced that problem too maybe because of the library the login menu was made by. In addition it happened to me before + it happened to me when i used before dgs library before i created my own.
Because if the library is based on a github or exports (which take too long already) we wont even reach the hash