SAES Vice City - Beta #1 - Thankyou

Brophy

I would like to thank everyone who donated and the SAES staff members who came on and let me check how the server handled on a range of machines.

The results were really positive, the next beta will be in the next week and will be looking at fixing stuff such as store robs, bank robs, jobs etc...

A special shout out at CodyJ @ JSeries for making this possible!

If you wish to be a part of this, you can still can by donating 5GBP.

We had some gameplay recorded by people who took part in the test.

Here is @kipt 's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=marRXgHgLvI

You can see the twitch video made by @Ardron by clicking the link below:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/330753579

Here are some screenshots: (those who tested, feel free to add them)
alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

There are a couple of issues with the map that I am going to be hopefully fixing tomorrow (If you watch video there are some flickering buildings that look to be over lapping; this is due to the day time and the night time models being different and the current map loader does not take into account the current time when you first join, I have a patch in testing at the moment so hopefully I can have it out tomorrow.)

@kipt The bugs are mostly just issues in the code of the streamer, I've been meaning to patch them but for the most part have been simply forgetting to do so (Plus some patches I accidentally deleted..)

(Also some general things about the map for those wondering)
The map consists of just over 8,000 objects (Almost equal to the object count of gta3s LC)
On average 5,000 which are streamed in (1539 on average are shown on screen)
There are 2865 unique models
149 water pieces making up the ocean and other water sources
Map is 268 MB
From porting the map to get it to a stable state under MTA took almost 2 years with around a thousand (or more) revisions to the porting tool.
586 (About) textures have been recreated to work nicely with the SA revision of Renderware
200 interior objects have been remodeled (With prelighting redone) to fit in the open world environment)
The mall is the only interior that I did not otherwise directly modify model wise because of how corrupted the interior model is (Blame rockstar, I'm actually planning on remodeling it from scratch one of these days)
While they will never admit it, I did beat VCRP to porting this map I just waited a while to release it because the map was unstable (Similar to how VCRPs map was) and I wanted to do some perfecting before I released it.

(Also is the jail actually apart of the map or did you guys add it in? Because I could never find it thus couldn't make it into an open world building)

The best donated Reward that i have received by now is donating 5GBP getting access to beta test SAES Vice City and donator spawn. Believe it or not SAES Vice City - Beta will more than likely surprise and impress you how amazing the map looked .makes you feel like you are actually in the game and facing the heat SAES Vice City - Beta is an extension was extremely entertaining with neon and featuring miles of beachfront property, love it SAES @BROPHY just keep doing your good work . mine opinion SAES uk will be miles in front from other servers