New Jail

sushii

As some have already noticed, we have decided to introduce a new jail mapping!

We, as a clan have thought that the old jail was outdated and we felt that a new replacement was necessary. With this new jail mapping, comes a more advanced gameplay between cops and criminals.

Considering that this new mapping will bring a lot of attention, you may find it hard to figure out what exactly has been introduced within but give it time and play around with it to see how it works.

We would like to thank @Zwolle for his amazing job at mapping the jail and allowing a much overdue gameplay improvement within the jail.
https://saesrpg.uk/topic/24426/new-jail

Adding onto this, some of you will most likely see that we have also introduced a new AJ called Brophys Sin Cell but hopefully you will never have to see the inside of it. (F1 read rules)

We welcome any feedback/bug reports on this topic but we do request you give it in an appropriate manner.

Expect balancing changes/updates on the jail as required soon!

Have fun and enjoy!

alt text

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new mapping is definitely better than the old one, however the implementation is very heavily favored in cop side, which makes jailbreaking unfun for criminals. Imo the following things need to change to make jailbreaking enjoyable in the new jail:

-Make it so the cells and red gates open as fast as they did in the old jail, the current opening speed makes it impossible to open both before cops respond, since cops get notified as soon as a criminal enters the jail.
-Move the red door markers to the small gaps at the end of the corridors (https://i.imgur.com/veedLXp.png), since their current positioning makes it impossible for people to use them without being shot/killed by cops using cover at the entrances.
-Revert the red door opening mechanism to the way it was in the old jail, so you only need to open the red door from the keypad next to it rather than having to toggle it from computer room.
-Restrict HLS from attending JBs, unless there's a CLO. The mapping is more balanced now so there's no need for them.
-Make it so the vent only reduces your HP if you stay in the vent area for more than 10 seconds.

That's my personal feedback on the new jail, though I'm sure a lot of people who jailbreak actively agree with it. Remember, jailbreaking is the funniest activity on the server, making it unfun would ruin the gameplay experience for a lot of people.

@ammar i agree with you 100% and i would to add this

so when someone quickly jbing solo for friend or smth ..
as we see this is the only port who should use ..

and since cops get notified for respond just imagine playing this shitty minigame and cops behind you .. by respawning close to jail marker manytime

also the vent passage make u low hp or killed so if crims block each others inside the vent passage will RIPerino and back to jail :)))

So please remove that or Fix it as suitable way to use

alt text

@kuby I understand what you're getting at and I can also see that this may frustrate you. The whole idea of the minigame is because we wanted to make it difficult for you to break people out alone. I think some people do forget that this is a jail and that it will prove to be somewhat hard. But if you compile a team, together you can regain it. Regarding the vent taking your HP, this was designed to prevent people from camping in there, being afk or deciding to sell which would block the whole vent system. We want something that would make the player get out without having a blocked passage. I love the feedback you gave! But we had these ideas to help with preventing what happened previously in the old jail design. We are working on fixing and improving the minigame, but currently the markers and games you see are just a probationary period to see how the players would react and how this would help improve gameplay :)

I do find the new jail to be way more balanced than it used to. As Sushii said, jail breaking alone isnt that much of logical so I dont see anything bad in the need of more than 1 criminal to start one. My only suggestion would be to disable the ability to throw nades in the prison yard. When criminals are overflowing it really makes the prison warden spawn unplayable, you spawn and there are lot of nades everywhere that kill you or lower your health so much that, as soon as you enter jail, you get killed by a shot of Colt. Anyway I find this jail more entertaining and I love it, great job!

@fenter those are 2 completly different things, you shouldnt mix logic with making people enjoy the various plugins that the server can offer. Drugs such as speed, weed and lsd all have weird effects that we can agree are not logical at all, but they are a great escamotage to let people get benefits in a "realistic" way. Jailbreaking, on the other hand, is a criminal activity that, such as brs or pbrs, should need a group to be started. Plus I think that everyone has atleast 1 friend to Jb with. Playing both as a criminal and as a cop I don't see that much of an issue imo.

@hatchet Previously jailbreaks were far too easy on criminals, which is why we wanted it to be far more difficult. This does work as intended, however for future plans (more likely after players have played around within the new jail for a bit) we are looking into changing some things to give criminals a little bit of an advantage. However, as I stated previously, this is a jail and it isn't intended to be easy ! If you gather enough criminals, it would be an easy take over :) But so far, we are just experimenting to see what works before we make changes.

To be completely honest, the new jail makes it more fun and challenging. It's easier to stop but it's also easier to hold due to the amount of criminals that can fit in the space provided.

Solo JB is possible but much harder to accomplish since you need to first open cells, then play the very simple minigame which shouldn't take many seconds to do. Communicate through teamchat / Local and tell people to go out through the vents, once they get out you can start a mass scale JB. Or you can just go with 2/3 people.

The only suggestions I would have, would be:

• Possibly moving the prison warden spawn back to the yard in order to decrease spawn damage/killing from nades.

• Either making the gates open faster throughout the jail or remove some gates/doors as it feels like there are too many.

• Possibly allowing cells to open faster as it's much slower.

Other than that, I don't have any comments. It's a well designed jail system and if given a chance, will be fun for both sides.

People have been whining all the same when the original LS jail was introduced. They were mostly complaining about the interior making it too difficult to successfully break people out, and that you couldn't just fly a heli into a massive cell on a remote island and grab everyone anymore. And as time went on, the design has gone through a few iterations over the years, and people started to love it.

I think that with enough play time and perhaps a few small balancing changes (which I won't name, because I haven't really participated in a single JB since this new jail was introduced), people will get used to it and learn to appreciate it, just like it was with the previous design. People choose the previous one over this, because that's what they're used to.

On paper, it looks like the new one offers a lot more tactical gameplay and allows more strategic approaches to criminals breaking people out as well as cops trying to stop them. It's like with RvB maps, people only ever wanted to play Motel, Mansion, and GT, because that's what they're used to and the most comfortable with.

But then again, I'm the kind of person who hates sitting in a corner for 2 hours, just aiming the CS or the sniper rifle at a marker and farming kills. Or getting marker killed as a cop, becauce sometimes I like to play the other side as well.

The difficulty of jailbreak should be dependent on the volume of the police response imo, not some artificial difficulty enhancers like slow opening doors or minigames. It's hard enough for criminals as it is with the corridors being short and cops having 3 entrances. Keeping the jailbreaks difficulty as it is right now would discourage people from jailbreaking, which eventually would lead us to the same scenario we had in that Flint County jail, where it was basically dead because no one bothered jailbreaking as it took too much time to make it worthwhile. As I said in my previous post, killing jailbreaks by making them too hard would serve no purpose rather than reducing the overall server activity.

@ammar The minigame was implemented so that the vent wouldn't be too easy of an way out. When you think about it, if you compile a team, one person can work on the minigame and the others could defend him and then once that's done they'd all be free from within the jail. The vent was also a good idea because it would allow criminals to escape behind cops back. The minigame so far is only a probationary period, but we are thinking of tweaking it in the future. Regarding the corridors and three entrances, we had a had one choke point which was basically a death zone. We thought having more choke points would allow a more strategic and fun gameplay. In the previous jail, there were three entrances for cops too. LS Jail will never die. It is the most active in game and after updating the jail, we've had more active jailbreaks and more activity revolving the jail than ever. A lot of people can argue that they dislike the jail, but this will allow you as players to plan and team up to help jailbreak.

@sushii said in New Jail:

The minigame was implemented so that the vent wouldn't be too easy of an way out. When you think about it, if you compile a team, one person can work on the minigame and the others could defend him and then once that's done they'd all be free from within the jail.

^[Quoting things about 'Solo jbing only' dont get it wrong]

When you think about it: Well, for solo jailbreaking we will be forced to use it instead of 'thinking about it' since its the only option we've got at that time, and yes its a bit hard.

and the others could defend him: if there's more than one person then its gonna be just a stupid move to go for mini game when you can just have ~[option to open red doors.]~(purple)

i'm not here complaining but you should really consider @Versace & @Ammar 's ideas, i've quotes some of their suggestions which i really want to focus on.

• Make it so the cells and red gates open as fast as they did in the old jail(ammar's sug), and change prison warden spawn(vers's sug), because with that slow opening & new prison warden spawn theres no chance of getting out from there while respecting 'spawn-kill rule' cop can spawn around 10 times in few seconds u may actually ran out of ammo while just waiting for red door to open.

• Move the red door markers to the small gaps at the end of the corridors(ammar's sug), that one is absolutely needed, if you r solo jbing your only chance is minigame and ~[if you are duo jbing you can have access/option to open reds but you will be completely naked in that corridor while opening the red]~(purple), so please move it so we can have cover.

alt text

Thanks in advance.

@garcia We have considered moving the cell doors faster and like mentioned before, we are going to change the jail in future updates. Suggestions will be considered. But we do want it to be harder for criminals. For the time being, we just want to test what works and see how it plays out before making changes straight away. Adding onto that, having someone at the minigame with others defending would be a much easier option. The room is rather tucked away in the corner, meaning it would take a moment for the cops to even notice and find where you are, let alone respond to you jbing. This also brings into the fact that the vent would allow more players through, meaning that it would be an easier escape. You can argue that the minigame is a waste of time you can just use the markers, but its up to how the player wants to play and what to do. Just think smart.