[Anime Review] Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

blizzard

alt text

Year: 2012
MAL Score: 8.10
Personal Score: 7/10 (Phantom Blood Part)
8.5/10 (Battle Tendency Part)

Synopsis: The story of the Joestar family, who are possessed with intense psychic strength, and the adventures each member encounters throughout their lives.

Personal Review: Being big series split into different Arcs, I will review each season in it's own part.

The first season titled simply JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, engulfs the first 2 story arcs of the series titled Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency.

The story of Phantom Blood focuses on Jonathan Joestar in the year 1880, and his adopted brother Dio Brando (the later who wants to murder Jonathan, known as JoJo and take over his fortune). The story takes a bizarre turn when an ancient object known as the stone mask is revealed to give vampiric powers.

The story of Battle Tendency focuses on Joseph Joestar, grandson of Jonathan, and his quest to defeat the creators of the stone mask.

The first part of the series does not do much to attract the viewers, but it is key to enjoy the series's best parts later on. To summarize it, it revolves around the classic good vs evil and human vs vampire.

The second part introduces a more interesting main character and story. Joseph Joestar being the almost polar opposite of Jonathan.

Overall, the first part did not do much to attract me other than the fact I knew it would get better later on. I don't recommend skipping it as it's key to understand the later parts (with part 2, you may get away skipping it but yet again I don't recommend that as it's one of the best in the entire series)

A slow but steady start towards a great series earns a 7/10 for the first part and 8.5/10 for the second one.

~[This review is approved by the hentai! Clan, SAES weeb community uwu]~(pink)