[SUGGESTION] More Convenient to RP

Stone

Question

Alright, so today I logged into SAES and a few criminals voiced their opinions in regards to SAFP not RPing anymore. Squads and gangs in general, pretty much.

I've been thinking of a system that would encourage RP and would make it beneficial for everyone.

The main reason I believe that people don't RP is because there's no need for it. The secondary reason for no RP is usually because it takes too long or it's not done properly.

I have a solution for the first part, and ultimately the second part would be for squad HQs and gang HQs to fix.

Here it is:

I believe that the reason why there's no RP is because there's no reason to do it, unless you enjoy it or are feeling in the mood for it. This kind of counters itself because cops tend to assume no one is going to RP so why even offer it?

The way I would like to solve this is mainly by making money more valuable.

IF SAES decided to deduct money from squad / gangs each time someone spawned with weapons, this would make money more valuable.

I believe criminals would be more hesitant to go all out in shooting police officers because they would risk jail time ( which reduces the amount of ammunition you have) or they would die and go to the hospital (also reduces weapon ammunition) or die and respawn (gang would have to pay for new weapons).

This would also mean that it would be more beneficial for police officers to team up and use tactics more often.

BASICALLY all this does is make ~[EVERYONE]~(red) in SAES value their life more. Eventually, respawning all the time would cost way too much money for anyone.

This would put squads / gangs money to good use instead of just being used for level up rewards.

Now, the only issues in this would be that there's a lot of people who have tons of money. Eventually, I believe this would sort itself out.

OR SAES Could possibly offer some special items in-game (such as special vehicles) that would be overly expensive so that those who have the money would be recognized but would hopefully even out the playing field.

I've also had people say that some people enjoy the DMing in-game. For those I would suggest for you to go to the designated DM areas such as LV Stadium, purchase a ticket, and team up against each other.

OR Join OB and fight against SAFP.

OR defend the jail while you're jail breaking.

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT.

I would like to see what everyone else has to say about this. I would also like to tag @NanoBob @Brophy @kenny @Ronseal . I apologize if you guys believe this is a bad reason to tag ya'll. I only do so with the best of intentions.

Thanks!

Stone
~[San Andreas Federal Police Vice Leader]~(navy)
~[SAI HQ]~(blueviolet)
~[PC Tester]~(blue)

I believe that most of the criminals don't respond to the (RP) call for the following reasons:

• there is a store Robbery

• Bank Robbery

• Turf

• regrouping and etc

Also, some kinda of cops (retards) are not even following there RP binds, or maybe they are just spamming it without making a difference between the "NO-RP binds" and the " RP Binds" so once the criminal stops they will just arrest him and I believe that this reason is enough to make that "Criminal" hates the cops and not responding to their calls.

Moving to the cop side, most of the squads aren't using their binds correctly, or their RP skills are below the level, anyhow SAES is in need of those squads who does their Roleplay correctly (following their role)
More over, even if the Criminal responded to the NO-RP call, aka (/sur)he will gets arrested without having a chance of using that command which shows a really bad actions coming from the cop.

Anyhow I'm not blaming or so, I'm trying to say that both of the sides should behave.

Thanks for reading

@Sanfara

So In regards to what you said about criminals not responding to RP because of other criminal activities taking place.

I believe that this system wouldnt affect them because ultimately they will still be able to disregard the police officers commands / warnings. Once they arrive to the activity then the police officers will be successfully ambushed / out gunned / surrounded.

Also, as I said in regards to police officers not rping correctly in the first place, this would be up to the squad HQs to fix. I believe we should be held responsible for offering RP and arresting immediately after the criminal stops.

I personally think the old way we have always worked is fine, Squads use RP binds and if crims want to RP they stop if not then Squads can use force to stop and arrest them. I dont think squad/gangs should be deducted of the money which the members have originally earnt fair and square. Money invested into gangs and squads is legit money and has been earnt over long periods of time. We still have RP events and RP activity which is required for gangs/squads to level up anyway. RP doesnt happen as much nowadays but that is the way the community is nowadays. Thats my opinion

I genuinely don't care about money on SAES unless it's for buying speed. Otherwise I kinda don't give a shit. I always randomly gave people money. Implementing this idea would force many retards like myself to re-consider how I spend my money.

This has potential! +1

@Exclusive

I respect your opinion. This would ultimately be why you would choose to RP instead of run away all the time or instantly decide to dispatch officers.

As for the hard earned money youre speaking of, I believe we have a different view of how valuable money is. Squads / Gangs literally have hundreds of millions sitting in the gang / squad bank for no real use.

This system might actually kick start the economy which is something many people have been wanting to do for a while.

bigass no, why mens dont want rp? simply because many mens simply dont enjoy playing doll simulator, we enjoy DM & action & thats it, dont force rp shit to everyone if just small group enjoy rp. & iam all for give some things to spend money on, but deffinitly not making respawn = loose money, this will make us loose alot about DM, or people starting booring grinding to be able to DM, whilest we have nanoshop & the great race cough*carseller group selling nanoshop cars wich are expensive or you can make yourself cars + gambling rip money too + doing events. anyways, rp people can meet with other rp people to do rp, dont need force everyone for booring rp shit

From my point of view the problem related to the RP is very simple, there are no proper ways to do it and it eventually becomes boring. Proper RP should happen by itself and not be something we force players to do.

If a simple deal which starts in a RP way could provide you money and cops would stop it for some kind of prize the thing would be different. Yes, that's RP, RP is not just giving out your ID like some flatheads think.

The problem for RPing in the whole server is the background of resources and scripts that exist on it which restricts RPing to those who really enjoy getting into a character only instead of whatever random DMer that passes by. And I'm not complaining about this, this is just the way it is.

What I would actually recommend as I have been doing for ages is creating a RP town, where people who actually enjoy RPing can do it fully. This doesn't remove whatever RP people wants to do somewhere else, it just provides a good place to look for a RPing time when you feel like it.

@Bartman said in [SUGGESTION] More Convenient to RP:

dont need force everyone for booring rp shit

I'd have some respect towards people who suggest things if you don't want others to shit on your own ones and read again, he's not trying to force anything.

@SAFP-Stone said in [SUGGESTION] More Convenient to RP:

Alright, so today I logged into SAES and a few criminals voiced their opinions in regards to SAFP not RPing anymore. Squads and gangs in general, pretty much.

I've been thinking of a system that would encourage RP and would make it beneficial for everyone.

The main reason I believe that people don't RP is because there's no need for it. The secondary reason for no RP is usually because it takes too long or it's not done properly.

I have a solution for the first part, and ultimately the second part would be for squad HQs and gang HQs to fix.

Here it is:

I believe that the reason why there's no RP is because there's no reason to do it, unless you enjoy it or are feeling in the mood for it. This kind of counters itself because cops tend to assume no one is going to RP so why even offer it?

The way I would like to solve this is mainly by making money more valuable.

IF SAES decided to deduct money from squad / gangs each time someone spawned with weapons, this would make money more valuable.

I believe criminals would be more hesitant to go all out in shooting police officers because they would risk jail time ( which reduces the amount of ammunition you have) or they would die and go to the hospital (also reduces weapon ammunition) or die and respawn (gang would have to pay for new weapons).

This would also mean that it would be more beneficial for police officers to team up and use tactics more often.

BASICALLY all this does is make ~[EVERYONE]~(red) in SAES value their life more. Eventually, respawning all the time would cost way too much money for anyone.

This would put squads / gangs money to good use instead of just being used for level up rewards.

Now, the only issues in this would be that there's a lot of people who have tons of money. Eventually, I believe this would sort itself out.

OR SAES Could possibly offer some special items in-game (such as special vehicles) that would be overly expensive so that those who have the money would be recognized but would hopefully even out the playing field.

I've also had people say that some people enjoy the DMing in-game. For those I would suggest for you to go to the designated DM areas such as LV Stadium, purchase a ticket, and team up against each other.

OR Join OB and fight against SAFP.

OR defend the jail while you're jail breaking.

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT.

I would like to see what everyone else has to say about this. I would also like to tag @NanoBob @Brophy @kenny @Ronseal . I apologize if you guys believe this is a bad reason to tag ya'll. I only do so with the best of intentions.

Thanks!

Stone
~[San Andreas Federal Police Vice Leader]~(navy)
~[SAI HQ]~(blueviolet)
~[PC Tester]~(blue)

I agree with you on some points Stone, But it depends on how much money will be paid from the organisation bank, Because the organisation needs the bank money for events / RPs and the level up rewards, So, Can we discuss about the amount of the money that will be paid ?

@VayraN

Ultimately this will be for GMs and SAES HQ to decide.

I think this would also balance out the playing field and would only reward those who are truly dedicated to their role and those who know how to play it right.

I was thinking somewhere around $500 just like a hospital respawn.

But I'm sure there are other factors GMs or HQs would want to look at.

@Bartman

Well, this kind of attitude is why we get complaints on why SAFP (or any other squad) doesn't RP. Thank you for being a great example.

Of course, this suggestion is to solve an issue many people are having. However, I have no problem having my squad adapt to the current playstyle in the server. Thanks.

I dont understand your suggestion though, how does reducing the amount of ammunition raise the amount of rps? Most likely players who dont like it will quit the game because they would find it boring, also stopping for a rp when a cop is chasing you is pointless because it is always the same thing, who the fuck enjoys being stopped and asked for their licence in real life that they would find it entertaining in a game

@Henry

I agree with you for the most part. I am trying to address an issue that I've seen come up over the years. By RP I simply mean an alternative method to just running and gunning.

This would simply make RP more convenient for criminals and coppers.

Why run if I could just get away with a ticket or possibly a warning?

OR even get taken to SFPD to get my wanted level cleared for free.

@Henry

I agree with you for the most part. I am trying to address an issue that I've seen come up over the years. By RP I simply mean an alternative method to just running and gunning.

This would simply make RP more convenient for criminals and coppers.

Why run if I could just get away with a ticket or possibly a warning?

OR even get taken to SFPD to get my wanted level cleared for free.

@Skerdi

So, this doesn't reduce the amount of ammunition you get.

Basically, this makes it so that you have a reason to RP.

This makes it so that it is more convenient for you to stop for an officer and eventually get on your way with it with a ticket or with a warning.

The title of this suggestion is "More convenient to RP" and that's all I'm trying to do.

Those who can afford it, can still DM as they wish. If you have the means to get away quickly, you can still do that.

However, it's very common for police officers to be taken advantage of when offering RP. Then, that same officer won't be as nice to the next criminal.. eventually they'll have a criminal who claims they wanted to RP
but this officer was too paranoid or was simply trying think ahead of the criminal.

This would also affect cops too. Spraying and praying will be reduced, team work and tactics would be essential.

this makes it so the people VALUE THEIR LIFE MORE.

I BASICALLY want to reduce the amount of times cops simply get destroyed for attempting to execute their role.

SAFP attempts to enforce RP within it's ranks. However, this is a rule that will soon be taken away because of the current attitude on the server.

Check @Bartman 's reply. He's basically against RP in an Role Playing Game server. He's basically against forcing RP but not against forcing DM towards cops who are at a complete disadvantage when they give you time to co-operate.

@Henry

Also, I forgot to mention. I would also enjoy this RP town. I remember when you or someone else very similar to your name was creating it. I am disappointed that the idea never came through.

Maybe this idea would show everyone that cops matter on the server too. I believe the majority of police officers would spend a few hours on this town. Which would pretty much reduce the amount of cops in the normal area.

Cops are one of the main sources of entertainment for criminals and maybe this way it'll show them that we are tired of being killed over and over.

My suggestion on this is that gangs whose RP is to smuggle weapons can smuggle weapons to other gangs (giving them more ammunition) but they would get a certain number of wanted level and also cops could get notified about it. Also another suggestion is that when someone gets arrested, instead of players losing some ammunition for their guns, it could get siezed and go to a weapon stash that gangs can rob much like banks and instead of cracking safes, maybe crack a door or two to get to the weapon stash where lets for example 3 or 4 gang members would have to stay near a box or a crate for a certain amount of time to get ammo and after they're done they could get a bag (much like in public bank robberies) that they would have to take to their stash in their base.

@Puppy

Sure! Those are things I have thought of as well and I would love to see something like this be implemented. Honestly I believe weapons and illegal contraband should first come from civilian companies or CLO. Then it would be up for gangs to get a contract with them or steal from them.. very nice and in depth system.

However this system i thought if was more for this server or admins who say that we can't really be too complex with scripts due to the time And dedication it would take to get it to work

Alright - I am back from home! Thanks for aswell reminding me :)

The reasoning behind my 'no' is not that I do not support the idea in a whole. Whilst I'm energetic, curious and inquisitive at the same time, I fully support the general idea to make roleplay more convenient - However, deducting money from gangs/squads for their weapons everytime they die/spawn as their class - isn't the way. Which is the main reason I voted no.

To get into more the details of my reasoning: It'll be either highly frustrating or infuriated for players to lose their hard earned money throughout the hours they've spent in earning them. Implementing such 'punishments' will cause jailbreaks less to happen, it'll reduce fun stuff like the traditional nade throwing after a line up, it'll cause players to be more enraged over getting deathmatched which will aswell result into more workload for our community staff and admins. And all that to make roleplay more convenient. Don't get me wrong - I like the main idea behind it and I've always loved the roleplay part of SAES, but you also have to think about the other players. Literally half of SAES' playerbase in 2020 simply does not like to roleplay anymore. Time changes, so did saes and so did we. We have to adapt. Getting back roleplay to how it was back in time is literally impossible in my opinion.

@AkyZ

Cool! I see your point of view. While I don't believe the deduction would be that extreme, I can see where you're coming from!

However, if we have adapted as a community as a whole to disregard RP. I will now stop enforcing it at all. ^-^

@Bartman

Well, this kind of attitude is why we get complaints on why SAFP (or any other squad) doesn't RP. Thank you for being a great example.

Of course, this suggestion is to solve an issue many people are having. However, I have no problem having my squad adapt to the current playstyle in the server. Thanks.

why this kind of attitude?
i dont like rp, other people like rp, do rp with people wich likes rp, i support any rp suggestion wich dont force non rp people to rp.
i mostly look on the binds any squad using when start chasing & if i see "rp" i just say i dont want to rp & go away (or DM if they start arrest). rp always worked with simply binds in the past since i started play saes, some people did even full rp storys at westerstone village.
i would just suggest to do dc rp group with all people who likes to rp, so people rp people knows who is up for rp.

@Henry the part of suggestion where "all gangs should pay money for every respawn = gangs need to do rp" is in my eyes pretty much forced rp, & iam simply against it + explained why other people dont like rp, idk where i was disrespectfull here, just telling straight how it works

basicly what akyz said

@Bartman

Ive noticed that you always come to suggestions with this sort of attitude. I can always assume what youre going to say. I am not forcing RP AT ALL. I am attempting to make RP more convenient. Yet you say I am forcing things. Maybe its the language barrier but its kind of frustrating when you have someone shoot down your ideas when it seems as if they havent read them completely or took the time to understand them.

I get it, youre a crim and naturally I am your enemy because Im a cop but I want you to understand that Im not that closed minded. Im trying to address an issue that was actually brought up by other criminals and I do my best to make things even.

I dont have that cop vs crim mentality

@Bartman

Ive noticed that you always come to suggestions with this sort of attitude. I can always assume what youre going to say. I am not forcing RP AT ALL. I am attempting to make RP more convenient. Yet you say I am forcing things. Maybe its the language barrier but its kind of frustrating when you have someone shoot down your ideas when it seems as if they havent read them completely or took the time to understand them.

I get it, youre a crim and naturally I am your enemy because Im a cop but I want you to understand that Im not that closed minded. Im trying to address an issue that was actually brought up by other criminals and I do my best to make things even.

I dont have that cop vs crim mentality

also first off it have nothing to do with cops vs crimes & i dont try shut down ur idea, but its just my oponion how i see it.
idk how i could understandbit wrong, but as far i understand in short u want that gangs & squads need to pay money/loose ammo = life have more value = you need do more rp, or iam wrong?
this is in my oponion shitty to people wich dont enjoy rp & preffer the action part of saes
& if i dont understand something wrong, than this is forcing other people to rp or wasting sensless alot money, if i understand somethi g wrong u can say