FPS Issues

Lincoln

Question

So I have been experiencing lower fps in general over the past few weeks and over time it seemed that I was not the only one. I tought I was the only one, but Apparently alot of other people had the same issue and were complaining on the help & support channel on discord.

Now I've been told that @Scorpyo changed the sync that made you freeze upon approaching a base and made it so you'd have lower fps in stead. Now he explained that it shouldn't be affecting the fps. BUT the people complaining including me have been experiencing lower fps ALL over the map, not only when approaching a base.

Now I have no idea what happened of is causing this lagg, I hoped the developers could tell us, but preferably return the freezing or even go back to the long login duration which took around 2 minutes I guess and play the rest of the day with a good fps.

Let me know what you think and please give feedback about how you've experienced this FPS wise over the last few weeks

21 answers to this question

I don't experience any issues. Neither am I really freezing or having fps drops. The performance on the server is fine. The only problem is the lag.

Well no problems with fps at all I mean I guess that's maybe an issue of which hardware you using as well but for me it's fine I have decent PC and always having 60fps even in jb or br with a huge amount of players

The lag will be there at all you need to deal with it most time it's not a server problem it's just a problem of the player itself as they coming and joining from all over the world and the server is in the UK (if I'm not wrong) so people who are near that location have a good ping and they are not lagging if you are from Brasil or idk usa or anywhere else far away from the server location, your ping getting up you can't do anything that's in every game

So for my opinion don't always be like the server is the part that's the problem maybe look on the parts I wrote above

@Kowalski said in FPS Issues:

Well no problems with fps at all I mean I guess that's maybe an issue of which hardware you using as well but for me it's fine I have decent PC and always having 60fps even in jb or br with a huge amount of players

The lag will be there at all you need to deal with it most time it's not a server problem it's just a problem of the player itself as they coming and joining from all over the world and the server is in the UK (if I'm not wrong) so people who are near that location have a good ping and they are not lagging if you are from Brasil or idk usa or anywhere else far away from the server location, your ping getting up you can't do anything that's in every game

So for my opinion don't always be like the server is the part that's the problem maybe look on the parts I wrote above

Read what Lincoln said

I tought I was the only one, but Apparently alot of other people had the same issue and were complaining on the help & support channel on discord.

@Lightning said in FPS Issues:

Well, I don't experience any massive FPS drops or sudden lags, and as Kowalski stated above it might be an issue from your own rig,

Sometimes the pc isn't the problem and there is situations like mine where I can play GTA V at +/- 200 fps without lagging but I can't play GTA San Andreas at 60 fps without lag issues when approaching LV Hospital or when logging in

alt text
The question isn't what you like to see about server optimization. It's what developers deem the best. These kind of server changes aren't subject to community polls but rather development discussions.

I get FPS drops despite having a high-end rig. It mostly happens around lots of spawned cars (for example at a BR outside with lots of players, burning cars that won't blow up etc).

When a car respawn happens it definitely clears up the lag a bit. The RPG-Housing also makes me lag, although it's again temporary. The FPS drop at login is useless(at least for me), doesn't affect player experience in any way, just wait few mins until you can login. I disabled skies / water shader so I've never had issues with those.

So, I don't think it's the server itself, or the game engine, but the optimizations it currently has + lots of players from different countries + lots of burning cars + some ZIP activity and more. I think the burning cars that don't blow up issue puts a lot of stress on server. IMO that would be the main issue alongside objects like ZIP or LWS (i'm assuming).

Whenever I play at 5AM Servertime, it literally feels so so smooth. Almost like a different server. You can't optimize the default GTA San Andreas much or at all, I would assume? So, at this point there's little the Devs can do that hasn't already been done?