[CREATIVE] New sirens (audio)

Tut

Question

Suggestion is more whether you want the new audio for sirens or not... the siren interface itself is really just an enhancement on its own

https://streamable.com/ttym25

Basically the idea is to have 5 new sounds; wail, yelp, priority, bullhorn and hilo. Bullhorn would be able to intersect with other sounds, so instead of setting the sirens to a complete stop, it simply pauses them, and when you turn off the bullhorn, the siren continues from the frame that it was paused at. Hence the yellow font showing there's a track that's currently paused, waiting for bullhorn to stop.
Adding to this, it would be cool if any sound could intersect any other sound, so your wail doesn't start over from frame 0 after switching back from another siren. :thinking_face:

Audio pack is from lcpdfr. Arguably the highest quality one we were able to find of that genre. Quite possible we can have different packs added for Fire/EMS if this suggestion passes.

• Like 1

@Howlze said in New sirens (audio):

Reminds me of ELS for GTA 5 - massive yes from me.

I tried to keep it to the style of some old GTA IV videos I was watching earlier on :D

@Bidrift said in New sirens (audio):

I totally agree, but don't give it away to everyone, it should be locked to PC, official policing groups and official squads (all of the squads or some certain squads for example those that have a level higher than 4). That way it wouldn't be spammed/abused by random players and it gives players an impression to join squads or groups.

It wasn't my idea to restrict it to certain groups, but it's not that i don't mind it. let's see what others have to say.

@XpookS said in New sirens (audio):

I can imagine sherap spamming this :face_palm:

People spamming horns and such will be punished (slap), same goes for (if we add it) voice chat, so people don't go around causing earrape and disturbing others.

@Spicey said in New sirens (audio):

Wait @Tut-Greco SAES is about to get voicechat?

unknown - but there was a thread suggesting it while back. If we were to add it, then server staff would equally punish (slap/mute) for causing earrape, just like xpooks suggested the new sirens would.

@NanoBob said in New sirens (audio):

@SAFP-Stone said in New sirens (audio):

@NanoBob said it was not worth it

I mean yes I did say that, but I did also add that if you want custom siren sounds you can simply mod them on your local game install.

@Spicey said in New sirens (audio):

Wait @Tut-Greco SAES is about to get voicechat?

No.

don't listen to this guy, he's never heard alien noises from modding his audio :D

@x-Liyones-x said in New sirens (audio):

@Tut-Greco well some squads members have binded those 1/2/3 so i would like to suggest to add a different Buttons and about Q it's binded to move the car to left.

It'd be ideal that developers let players use whatever hotkeys they prefer yes. Also it should act like bindpanel where it ignores existing binds on x button and just executes siren panel actions only.

@Ammar said in New sirens (audio):

Does it have proper dynamic range? I don't want to hear it at full volume when I'm like 500 meters away since it seems a bit loud

I'm hoping for something like 90 meter distance or whatever the admin radio uses. Yes the audio was very loud in the video and I'll be sure to lower it a good bit. I'll try to have it match the volume of a truck engine.

as a side note I have put this on tracker

@Tut-Greco said in New sirens (audio):

@Bidrift said in New sirens (audio):

I totally agree, but don't give it away to everyone, it should be locked to PC, official policing groups and official squads (all of the squads or some certain squads for example those that have a level higher than 4). That way it wouldn't be spammed/abused by random players and it gives players an impression to join squads or groups.

It wasn't my idea to restrict it to certain groups, but it's not that i don't mind it. let's see what others have to say.

It's a small feature, but small features are probably the only things keeping certain groups alive, so in my opinion it's a definite yes that this should be restricted, -at the very least- from police trainees.

I'm on the edge on if this restriction should involve squads or not, so it might need more future discussions.

@Danil said in New sirens (audio):

The siren sound is so annoying, in my view, it is a useless addition & mostly, it will be used incorrectly by trainees.

It's not up to me who's able to use the sounds, but I agree they can get annoying over time especially with audio range increased. I'm not aware of the difficulties involved, but adding an option to play default siren sound instead might be ideal. Devs should be able to add them with ease so players can opt out to default sounds if they so prefer.

@Darude said in New sirens (audio):

Bullhorn for SAFD would be cool

If the suggestion passes I'll see with devs if we can add sounds for fire services. A Q2B siren would be quite nice as well, provided someone knows how to program audio