[QoL] Use markdown in /gang MOTD

Question

Hey there erbody. So I had this small but great idea that would make our lifes so much easier. Its about the texts in our g/s/c panels.
Could be used for all kinds of stuff but mainly to fix your eyes on the important notes and then follow the description to that important message title.

To understand this better, he's an image how it COULD look like (Current vs New)

alt text

3 answers to this question

Yes, the idea to have a barebone markdown (the styling type we also use on forums) interpreter in the g/s/c panel would be a great idea.
In my opinion, we only need to support bold (**text**), italics (*text*), Heading 1 2 3 (# text, ## text, ### text respectively), horizontal lines (---), hyperlinks ([text](www.saesrpg.uk)) and lists (- text).
Colors, centering, spoilers, and other functions alike are not really needed I think.

@DyamDouglas said in /gang /squad Text suggestion.:

Yes, the idea to have a barebone markdown (the styling type we also use on forums) interpreter in the g/s/c panel would be a great idea.
In my opinion, we only need to support bold (**text**), italics (*text*), Heading 1 2 3 (# text, ## text, ### text respectively), horizontal lines (---), hyperlinks ([text](www.saesrpg.uk)) and lists (- text).
Colors, centering, spoilers, and other functions alike are not really needed I think.

Yeah that was the actual idea. Im not going for spoilers, colors and such. Just the basics as bolds, italic fonts, headings etc.