Advanced Trucking Script

Question

Alright soo..I do like the trucking script as it is now, but there's a few things which could be improved and should be working on. Also I'd like to suggest some things. That includes:

• More and different types of cargo's / loads. The current selection is actually pretty poor. What about more dangerous loads? Like weaponry crates or idk, chemical stuff.

• The function to sort locations through "Pay" and "Distance" doesn't work as it should be aswell: https://i.imgur.com/cZfhZLR.jpg, https://i.imgur.com/Pls5gNf.jpg

• Make the weights more realistic. The more weight, the slower you drive. But that also should include higher payment. This should count for more dangerous loads aswell. The more dangerous the load is, the more a trucker get's paid. For highly illegal ones police would get a notification just like the jailbreak one.

• Maybe, just maybe, more locations.

• More fuel to the Roadtrain

• Fixing the payment.

Let's keep this civilised and discuss it :) I'd be interested what others are thinking and what kind of ideas they got!

17 answers to this question

Sounds like a great idea, to add onto your cargo suggestion we could bring back some stuff off of Trucker V1. Getting some 45' Reefer trailers for frozen goods and like you stated get some more destinations out. It would be nice if you could for instance deliver goods to a store-rob location...or different types of trailers as stated above like shipping containers at the various docks and ports.

Furthermore; Along with the weight idea you could have it where each of the 3 semi trucks are able to pull various weight classes.
Tankers would have a low weight class and specialize in light cargos, such as dry goods.
While on the other hand, Linerunners would have a high weight class and specialize in heavy cargo such as shipping containers
With the Roadtrain being generally well overall. OR any combination of the 3.

I like to pay some attention on the recent suggestions, as from them could find something interesting as I've seen this. As an member of trucking group, also I managed to have deliveries, therefor I used to see what type of deliveries we could choose or such. Therefor, I would like also to discuss about this trucking idea. Currently system of trucking is awesome, but it needs some improvement as this guy mentioned on the first post. Some things aren't logic, when the distance is longer and the cash is lower, for example, even tho from the top of Mount Chilliad to the LV Creek, we don't get bonus of illegal thing, which also has to be fixed.

Definitely I'm supporting this idea, we should keep this system as it is now, but to have some real things, like if it's longer distance, it has to be paid well, should be as well some dangerous and risky deliveries for what it has to be paid as well, and yeah, fuel should be increased, in real life there is capacity around 500 liters and more, at least it would make more sense.

bump.

Can't see why this hasn't been pinned yet or no SAES Admin replied, it's a good suggestion which will improve the civilian side and upcoming ALT RP's. There's no downside to this. So please, make this happen.

GTX and ALT could both benefit from this due to the different cargos and RP's as stated. Sure it would take some scripting but in the end it would give a ton more variety than the current v2 Trucking script that we have.

tbh the most thing that i hate right now on trucking is that there is no different between the 300 delivery and 0 delivery y'all give the same money bruh..
Also fix the payment it should give me 60k when i deliver from MC Top to Creek warhousing but all i got is 33k :(

Agree, the current trucking system works, but its bugy/broken at times, and i agree with comments above, there isnt any incentive to do more deliveries as the pay stays the same regardless. Also im surprised that weapon/illegal substance transport isnt a thing yet. So much potential here.

Multiple bullet points here are not suggestions as much as they are pointing out bugs.

For bugs you should just open a request on the git for them to be reviewed and resolved, you don't need to poll them.

I believe Tut looked into making trucks heavier before based on cargo but it wasn't feasible, could be wrong.

@Daryl said in Advanced Trucking Script:

Multiple bullet points here are not suggestions as much as they are pointing out bugs.

For bugs you should just open a request on the git for them to be reviewed and resolved, you don't need to poll them.

I believe Tut looked into making trucks heavier before based on cargo but it wasn't feasible, could be wrong.

It wasn't me who tried, but I to recall it being brought up from dev team a while back. I'll see with the person if this is possible or not