Gang management Feedback & Ideas.

Apollo

Hello SAES players.

This topic is here to help us in the GM team get an understanding on the opinions on:

The current GM system,
Improvements players feel could be made to the GM system,
Ideas to help improve the GM system from a players point of view.

Please post your responses constructively, with a good explanation behind your criticism, ideas etc. We want this topic to be as helpful as possible to us so if changes are made, we can listen to the community and there opinions/ideas.

Thank you,

SAES GM team.

When gang gets created and their official topic is posted, they decide on their unique role, which can be chopping stolen cars and selling parts, getting hired as assassins, collecting parts and crafting motorcycles from it, robbing houses and stores, kidnapping people, and so on. Yet, every single one gang that has settled for one of these roles chooses selling weapons, or drugs as their job when they get the job reward. I think GMs should enforce gang jobs to be within the role on their topics.

Enforcing more sensible role playing. Media archives on this forum are filled with role plays which are done just for sake of having enough role plays to level up, completely disregarding original role of organizations participating in that role. Gang A has role of crafting and selling top quality weapons, yet they do role play where they buy weapons from gang B, which original role is selling stolen car parts. There is only quantity and little to none quality in role plays, which shouldn't be encouraged by GMs.

Properties placed on gang panel should reflect role of organization and be used in role plays by organization. These days, properties are placed on gang account just for sake of owning the good properties without any meaning for them. Either that, or safe keeping properties owned by inactive members of that organization.

Gang bases should reflect gang role. Street hustlers don't have base in mansions, nor do mafia keep dead cops in plain sight. Speaking of which, mappings are approved to lightly. Skyscrapers don't fit in rural area and mansions shouldn't go right next to highway. Dead cops are fun to have around, but they shouldn't be placed where anyone can see them miles away from base.

This topic right here: https://archive.saesrpg.uk/community/topic/92368-gm-requirements-suggestion/
There are ideas and arguments for and against, in some posts as well.

Allow organizations to have mapping in more properties which they own. Ofc, keeping the limit of 15kb for entire mapping. But if organization made their base within 10kb, why not allow them that extra 5kb to be used for mapping of their warehouse in another city, for example?

I remember months ago some admin opened up the the topic about separating the companies from the G/S/C system. I really hope you didn't forget about this, besides ALT there is no company and no one will open one because it is not worth it gameplay wise

@gengar said in Gang management Feedback & Ideas.:

When gang gets created and their official topic is posted, they decide on their unique role, which can be chopping stolen cars and selling parts, getting hired as assassins, collecting parts and crafting motorcycles from it, robbing houses and stores, kidnapping people, and so on. Yet, every single one gang that has settled for one of these roles chooses selling weapons, or drugs as their job when they get the job reward. I think GMs should enforce gang jobs to be within the role on their topics.

This is half due to the current lack of scripted jobs a gang can have and half due the fact every gang wants to sell weapons and drugs. Honestly most of the gangs fitted there rp with 'We do everything from selling your grandma's diapers to selling your kid cocaine' so they can easily get every job they wish for.

A clear fundamental RP is missing in most of the gangs/squads

@gengar said in Gang management Feedback & Ideas.:

Media archives on this forum are filled with role plays which are done just for sake of having enough role plays to level up

Fuck media archives. They are shit and as gengar said are filled with useless shit just so you can level up. Rather then forcing gangs to post a limit, reward them for doing it.

The current GM system,
It's oke-ish.

Improvements players feel could be made to the GM system,
Public opinion should matter and decisions made internally should be revisited if it deems so.

Ideas to help improve the GM system from a players point of view.

• A board where ideas can be asked and argued. Currently this is only done with 1 on 1 and no clear 'Yes' comes out of it.

• Find something else to track activity instead of media archive. (Liasons??) GM's dont have to track everything alone. Maybe create something where other members can bring forward issues they feel need to be addressed ( Public or SAES internally)

P.S. @Apollo are you also looking for opinions about the gang/squad rewards or is this mainly focused on how things are done?

Thank you for the contributions so far guys! They will be noted down and discussed as soon as is possible. :)

Please, keep ideas and opinions coming. We can only improve with feedback from you. The community!

Hello all,

Since there is also the question /statement Ideas to help improve the GM system from a players point of view I would like to share my opinion.

First, I want to say that whoever made this topic up to ask for feedback, kudos to you.

Secondly, I am just here to give my perspective on different situations and I might edit this post to include more ideas.

First point: It might sound similar as mister Gengar said, but I think Role-plays for gang management need to have the focus on more quality role-plays than just quantity role-plays. When I scroll through some media archives, I see role-play scenarios first with a lot of grammar mistakes that are unnecessary. Not saying that my grammar is perfect, but that is something that could be looked at for gangs that apply for a higher level. Also, there are role-plays posted with not even taken the time to adjust (Scale) the picture so that it looks suitable for a role-play.
To give a suggestion, the quality of a role-play can go up if players from SAES use grammar control in Word for example and take time to adjust a picture to a decent size. But to make it clear again, that is my opinion. At last an idea could be to split role-plays from the media archive like Organisation Zero did, after all role-plays are important.

Second point: A good idea for the server can be to improve the possibilities for role-plays. As a mechanic in ALT and Cuban Cars I dont have a problem to get access to a garage to do some role-plays. But as a normal mechanic I dont have that access to a public area/garage where I can do a role-play. I suggest making an area where permanently a garage is available, nothing special but just the basics, so starting groups can have a place to do some role-plays. I am certain that there are also other examples thinkable that could use such an area for a role.

This is what I have thought of so far. Just to make it clear once more, this is my opinion and what I think could be improved.

I hope the GM-team can do something with my feedback.

Regards,

Ramby.