Marker arresting at jail

Cappo

Question

Hello! So, first of all, don't get completely mistaken by the topic title, as I'd like to start off with the fact that I'm not suggesting to prohibit marker arresting here

:::

alt text

Actually I'm suggesting to prohibit the cops to tase / arrest any criminals that are in that area.

alt text

So, lately, I see that a good amount of the cops actually stay there instead of even bothering to enter and just tase down almost everyone that does a step or two out of the marker. Also, it happened a good amount of times, where a criminal just throws a nade as he's at the marker, because there are 4-5 cops aiming at the marker and waiting for the criminals, so that criminal's nade kills half of the other criminals that are followed by him. Of course, that criminal gets blamed and possibly reported by the cops which in my opinion is a nonsense. I mean, in that quite small area, it's extremely easy for the cops to tase the criminals, as they don't even give them some place to move, second - unlike the marker arresting at the inside of the jail, out there, we get the full jail time which in my opinion is unacceptable, considering how easy it is to tase someone at that point.

11 answers to this question

can be abused af i will use the marker stand 1 step away from it and shot down the cops and they cant do anything
Same exact scenario happens for cops they use the marker and they have 5 criminals blasting him so its pretty much a 2 way sittuation
so No

@Crash said in Marker arresting at jail:

can be abused af i will use the marker stand 1 step away from it and shot down the cops and they cant do anything
Same exact scenario happens for cops they use the marker and they have 5 criminals blasting him so its pretty much a 2 way sittuation
so No

I kinda agree, there are ways to abuse it, but obviously, all of that could be reported and considered as a rulebreak, just like in BRs.

Gonna take the Banks as an example, none stays at the marker, because they will either marker arrest / marker kill, as both of the situations are considered as rulebreaks, thus they rarely happen. The same thing can apply in the jail, just at that marker.

Also, some criminals might abuse that marker protection by continuously re-entering the marker and thus being impossible to be jailed - that can also be considered as a rulebreak and get the rulebreaker reported.

@Cappo said in Marker arresting at jail:

alt text
So, lately, I see that a good amount of the cops actually stay there instead of even bothering to enter and just tase down almost everyone that does a step or two out of the marker.

If you don't want cops to camp the markers from outside, then stop camping the markers from the inside. You're literally killing us as we load the interior by the marker. There are times where we have no option but camp from outside and contain the criminals.
Sometimes you need to be the change you want to see. In this case you need to give cops space to enter the marker, otherwise things won't change and you'll keep seeing cops camping this marker.

@Tut-Greco said in Marker arresting at jail:

alt text
So, lately, I see that a good amount of the cops actually stay there instead of even bothering to enter and just tase down almost everyone that does a step or two out of the marker.

If you don't want cops to camp the markers from outside, then stop camping the markers from the inside. You're literally killing us as we load the interior by the marker. There are times where we have no option but camp from outside and contain the criminals.
Sometimes you need to be the change you want to see. In this case you need to give cops space to enter the marker, otherwise things won't change and you'll keep seeing cops camping this marker.

Fully agree with Tuts opinion on this, it couldn't be explained any better

@Tut-Greco said in Marker arresting at jail:

alt text

Hi, thanks for sharing your opinion and actually keeping the discussion alive.

Now, I've to agree that the criminals camp the inside of the jail, but that has nothing to do with the lobby. I mean, I almost never see criminals camping the lobby, because it's quite easy for the cops to quickly take over it. (By lobby I mean the first room by the way). Usually criminals camp the corridors and I highly doubt there's any chance that we stop doing that, considering that there are groups that could freely help out the cops, as if they face troubles to handle the criminal activity there, I see no problem with it. Not to even mention that as if a cop gets marker killed he won't have to spend 5 minutes in a box, just like it happens to the criminals that get marker arrested. (not complaining, just stating it down). Also, to make the criminals unable to even shoot at the marker, the cops can use the other doors (coming from the lobby) thus sneak in and arrest the criminals that are trying to marker kill, so a slight push against the criminals can happen.

One more doubt - camping the entrance seriously makes no sense. I mean, as you said, the criminals are camping the inside of the jail, camping the outside and just waiting for the criminals to get out (which by the way rarely happens, as the inside of the jail just becomes a little war zone where both of the sides are usually stuck at some point and just shoot each other.) is not really making that much sense, considering the fact that the cops can sneak in and help out the fellow officers.

@Bone said in Marker arresting at jail:

2-second immunity after player rendered from teleporting marker to marker

Yeah, that definitely sounds good.