Enable Voice Chat with range radius

muffy

Question

Myself muffy, I am an Old player on this server currently in the organization zero.

MUTE SETTINGS: You can directly see in your MTA Audio Setting to Mute Voice Volume if you don't like it just mute from there. If you want to give it a shot again than unmute from there only so simple(Master Volume will remain same only people voice will be muted).

NOTE : You can find some implementation links at end of this post.

I need to make a suggestion about implementing voice chat. I had gone through some voice server and it works well and I guess no bugs I could notice.

If the voice chat is enabled and it works fine we will be the first English server to do that and can expect some more crowed.

RP can be a little strict if we want and we can able to play without failing to move and We can also do some good streaming as well. I mean, I can stream well if this gets on.

Those who are miss using this like screaming and all can be punished If a reporter can provide video evidence of that but screaming and all happens in GTA 5 also so I don't think that will affect that much as we can adjust the radius of taking.

Concern about SR and BR as it is planned and all avoid chatting While they ROB so If scripter can disable talking in banks and SR that will not be an issue and if they can only allow some high ranking players to do that (I have not seen that but just hope they can find some way) than that can be even better in that type of congested places.

As at last, it all depends on players following rules and not making every good thing worst. I guess we can count on some old and loyal players to behave and make this successful.

FOR TESTING SERVER DIRECT IMPLEMENTATION:http://techfurk.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-enable-voice-chat-on-mtasa-and.html

JUST DEMO SCRIPT NOT DIRECT SCRIPT TO IMPLEMENT NEED TO CHECK BY SCRIPTERS: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=15958

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@Tut-Greco said in Enable Voice Chat with range radius:

We can (and should) implement rules for voice usage so if anyone is found misusing they'll be muted. I like the idea if this can be added. 3rd party voice systems are only really good for team channels and not roleplaying with general public.

Yes Exactly we have mute option in our hands we can use it and mute all those who are making noise oru using abusive language

and we can role play with that and not have to use /me anymore

MUTE SETTINGS: You can directly see in your MTA Audio Setting to Mute Voice Volume if you don't like it just mute from there. If you want to give it a shot again than unmute from there only so simple.

@Crash Login I don't know but from setting you can do that just go to MTA Audio Setting where Voice Volume is there you can mute and unmute that whenever you desire. Still better than typing some command for muting :)

@muffy i dont wanna mute music from the server just to avoid listening to people its just better to make a Section on settings in M panel for this same thing so you can toggle voice on/off when ever you feeel like

@Crash Voice Volume is different section you don't need to mute music or master volume for that it will only mute voice. But better it can be handle from the server-side by our scripters than we don't have to depend on MTA Settings. That's a great idea :)

You can keep your Sousse mics! Have you ever been in a voicechat with someone from Tunisa. It's like they throw their mic under a bus and throw them a few times out of the window before they use it. And they speak kebab all the time...

@Ramby Sorry but this is a global server and mainly Europe I guess. So I can not argue about some or a few players who only speak kebab :) .Mostly we have to make some changes to get ahead and stay in the current age. I am not saying they will not misuse it for a while but for 3 days they will speak kebab or 1 week or 2 weeks after that they will learn and speak some English words hearing you and others. ELSE GET REPORTED I GUESS! ha ha ha

@Tut-Greco said in Enable Voice Chat with range radius:

We can (and should) implement rules for voice usage so if anyone is found misusing they'll be muted. I like the idea if this can be added. 3rd party voice systems are only really good for team channels and not roleplaying with general public.

This could be the option to go along with if it gets added to the server, plus it would bring a new thing to the server in general

Yeah everytime I want to rp with someone I should spend 15mins to search for his discord to add him as a friend and then call him.. Voice chat is a thing in every roleplay server possible yet people here think that it can abused.. Like admins can't set some rules for it or report command won't work anymore.