[POLL] Small RP-Only area

Henry

Question

Hey peoples, will try to make it short, there is a long time I have been working in stuff like this so please if you are interested in RPing in SAES give your opinion so it can be seen if it's worth giving a try or not. Will try to make it summarized for the people who are lazy to read.

What's my idea? -> Mapping a small island connected to land for RP-only.

Why an island? -> Limits the space accuratelly without interfering with non-RPers.

Why connected to land? -> Let the island be the place where the RP starts, but keep RPing in other places of the map.

The whole idea is to provide a place for RPers to be able to play the characters they want without needing to plan anything previously and where new ideas and ways to invest our time can show up. Turning Angel Pine RP town idea and Fort Carson RP, which were accepted and unfinished, to something people can finally enjoy. For those who don't know what I'm talking about I will leave some links below.

Not so long ago Fort Carson RP and Angel Pine RP town ideas had a lot of support from several members of the community and I have been contacted to revive them several times. Now, I would like to make sure if this interest is still present, thanks!

LINKS

Fort Carson RP project information: https://archive.saesrpg.uk/community/topic/99337-rp-association-fort-carson-rp-project-information/

Some of the pictures of the RPs that happened there: https://archive.saesrpg.uk/community/topic/99392-fort-carson-rp-project-media/

Thanks for your attention!

22 answers to this question

As @Soul soul have said
. There are still people lovers of roleplay me included. This is such an amazing idea. Therefore I'm positive about it. Glad to see @Henry one of the good old time roleplayers is suggesting this. As a matter fact of you need something regarding this project inform me.

@Brophy said in [POLL] Small RP-Only area:

Couldn't this be done in another dimension to stop people interfering, that way you can still use the current map.

Could be done with a simple warp of course, it's another valid possibilty. The only downside I see for another dimension is that for it to be properly done, we would still need the map of a small town (for people to bump into eachother easier) and it would also lower the RP that takes part in the main dimension.

Stunning idea, we can finally revive the main reason of this server, but my question is:

To be able to make a decent role-play I presume some decor is needed right?
So let's imagine a drug dealing RP or a Police pull-over. Could the player have some type of commands that allows them to place a certain amount of objects that obviously would fits their roles. (Such as /barrier or /deploystingers for the cop) but the other classes could have them too, /money for money bags or /coke for some pack of cocaine or even some dead figurants that would have the /wasted animation.
If that would be possible, it would be excellent and would love to see this in the server!
(Hope my idea is clear enough)

@Lucifer said in [POLL] Small RP-Only area:

Stunning idea, we can finally revive the main reason of this server, but my question is:

So let's imagine a drug dealing RP or a Police pull-over. Could the player have some type of commands that allows them to place a certain amount of objects that obviously would fits their roles. (Such as /barrier or /deploystingers for the cop) but the other classes could have them too, /money for money bags or /coke for some pack of cocaine or even some dead figurants that would have the /wasted animation.
If that would be possible, it would be excellent and would love to see this in the server!

of course, it would be great to keep improving it

It would be perfect but obviously we need someone to script and develop all of this. It could be cool if the Police, Criminal and Civilian side had their ''Managers''. Separate spawns for the RP basically.

If you ever played a true RP Server, you would know that you do not need objects and special commands to RP properly =)

All you need is /me /do and /my + animations and for crowded RPs ( /ame /ado and /amy )

@Lucifer eh lots of people are sleeping on this, but to have an actual yet a proper RP there should be some heavy rule modifications that can support varies violations in certain situations, not sure as to why no one pointed that yet but if we are talking about actual RP then there has to be some rules involved such as powergaming and metagaming, some other rules that can assist as well as ease the process of role-playing, for all I know, the suggestion is nice and all but a map is surely not the only thing that we lack to actually implement a somewhat serious role-play

@smeevil What sort of rules are you trying to suggest? Like a non-abuse kind of rule?

What I am suggesting is the fact that the player that eventually want to RP because obviously it is not impellent to do, would be able to add some decors that for example ZIP use or SAI in a role-play.
But I don't really think that changing or adding any specific rules would have any kind of useful aspect, obviously some basic rules should be applied, but I don't really get the point of ''varies violations in certain situations''. I mean there aren't any interdiction in a role-play are there?

And yes I do think the map is what we lack of, i mean this is the main purpose of this suggestion to add a map specifically made for RP..
People cannot RP proprely if some other players come arrest you because you have 2 stars (even though it's always good to not have any wanted level in order to do an RP but still..) or random people ramming into you by accident.

@Henry said in [POLL] Small RP-Only area:

Could be done with a simple warp of course

I highly support this idea due to the plenty RPs we had back in FC:RP and it would be nice to somehow try bringing back some RP to the server, for those who enjoy it of course.

What if it was a warp directly to Fort Carson for example, since there was already a "city" mapped there, we could build some walls/fences around the whole Bone County to prevent people from spreading to far and still giving plenty of space for RPing (at least for now during experimental time) since that dimension would be for RP only i guess.

Also as mentioned before would be really nice if any player could have acess to some few objects (flare,white package,small barrier and money for example) and with a object number limit to prevent some abuse.

Well, without a proper rulebook and administration, I can assure you that 90% of the people who decide to RP will either metagame or powergame the shit out of it. SO in case this project gets a chance at life, there has to be somek ind of Staff of proper RPers assigned to administrate and keep everything under control =)