Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]

Combine

Question

Have in mind of which area of jail I'm talking about here, it's where you open other peoples cells. See the image in the spoiler below:

:::

alt text

When the door closes and you're inside, you have to either call an admin which is in my opinion a mess, wait 'x' time for someone to bring you out which sometimes can take a lot of time, or what I find most dumb, you can just reconnect and you will appear outside of jail instantly to a property which can be abused and no one would find out, as you can see on the picture below:

alt text

So here goes my more "roleplay favoured" suggestion, making a cracking system so we can individually ourselves open the door from inside if we get stuck; so no bothering admin, no reconnecting abuse method, etc.

This in my opinion is much more fun, and less abuse or none can happen there like I said, it would even make more sense than all the options we have right now.

Please vote, and if you somehow think this is not a good idea that can have its problems then comment below - so if you vote no, give an explanation.

That is all said, in my opinion it will be a good improvement.

I personally think the open/close trigger should be on both sides of the gate, no cracking system or whatsoever. A lot of people don't know how to crack and will still be stuck inside. If it's the same system as in a Public BR I wouldn't mind tho.

@celalbaba said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

its pointless, because of you do have time to run in and out, just dont hang out in there too much cus of the door. you can basically do a jb by urself? isnt that enough, you just have limited time.

It's not pointless, it will reduce abuse and make things more fun like I said. The "don't hang in too much inside cause of the door" I understand it, but sometimes mistakes can happen.

And you can already do a JB by yourself - as you said with limited time, but not if a 'simple' cracking system would be put, or like @Jasper said but a trigger on the other side and make the door open much more slowly, then you wouldn't have so much time right.

I think that's much better than being able to instantly get out of jail after opening cells by just reconnecting, which in my opinion, that's the pointless shit.

Keep this the way it is or put another trigger on the other side which would allow the crims to open the door and potentionally not get stuck in the room. Cracking system would be good but only for the skilled players but for the new ones it would get very confusing when a cracking panel would show up one of a sudden when they would try to open up the door.

@JasonBourne said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

Keep this the way it is or put another trigger on the other side which would allow the crims to open the door and potentionally not get stuck in the room. Cracking system would be good but only for the skilled players but for the new ones it would get very confusing when a cracking panel would show up one of a sudden when they would try to open up the door.

^ Simple fix. I get the whole "You have to get out before the door closes, otherwise you're going to be stuck until someone opens the door for you"-aspect. But people seem to get stuck in there more often than you'd expect, so a trigger on the other side of the door would be a fix that isn't a disadvantage to anyone

@JasonBourne said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

I don't mind either if it's a trigger or whatever actually, but what I'd not like is to let it as it is, I just want at least a decent way to get out and not getting stuck.

And certainly, about the cracking system, well it could be on the other side of the room so it doesn't instantly show up, and also what's this game if not about skills? And anyway what skills? It's just would be a simple math, just using your head basically to make a simple crack, not extremely hard. To me adding some challenge is in my opinion fun, but if a trigger is put in I'm not gonna complain.

@ElPadrino said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

they did it in the past but they brought back old jail after that because JBs were so rare + u can't crack with 10 trainees chasing u

Have you even read the topic? It's that area where you open cells, if you are stuck inside then it means there's no cop there because it would have arrested you.

Honestly I think it would be a quite good idea, but will need a lot of thinking on how it will be done. I mean since the kill-arrest has been integrated into the server, being arrested in a jail break is pretty much easy. So if you are pointing that door, having the cracking menu opened on your screen, getting yourself shoot with a sniper or whatever will be handicapping since you wouldn't be able to defend yourself, so as some people might said the cracking system should be enough easy : So everyone can crack it, and fast enough so the cops wouldn't take advantage of that, and the cracker should at least be covered from the shooting area.

@Lucifer said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

Honestly I think it would be a quite good idea, but will need a lot of thinking on how it will be done. I mean since the kill-arrest has been integrated into the server, being arrested in a jail break is pretty much easy. So if you are pointing that door, having the cracking menu opened on your screen, getting yourself shoot with a sniper or whatever will be handicapping since you wouldn't be able to defend yourself, so as some people might said the cracking system should be enough easy : So everyone can crack it, and fast enough so the cops wouldn't take advantage of that, and the cracker should at least be covered from the shooting area.

Yeah well, if the door is closed bullets can't pass through so that won't be a problem, and also since the door opens slowly there would be no need to put the crack panel on the door - maybe on the computer next to it, or even at the other side of the room where you use this thing to open the cells.

Also yes, not making it extremely hard like standard bankrob cracking, just something really simple so anyone can crack their way out.

@Lucifer said in Put a cracking system inside this area of jail [POLL]:

So if i'm not mistaken, the cracking system should be done to be able to open the cells, and not the door that opens slowly, is that right?

Please read the topic and open the spoilers. Not to open the cells, the door that opens slowly - but not from outside, from inside because if you get stuck there is no way I out apart from the ways I pointed out in the topic which are; calling an admin, reconnecting which brings you out of jail instantly, or waiting for someone to come which can take a lot of time sometimes if no one can be arsed to open you.

Remember: From inside, not outside, so there's no possible way a bullet can go through and arrest you if the door is closed, that's the thing.

alt text