[SUGGESTION] Name tags

AdemBygt

Question

After the new name tags, we noticed many problems and we wanted to report this in the hope that they will solve them.

First of all, names and hps do can't appear after a distance of 70 meters with the sniper.

alt text

This tags will be very troublesome in turfs. Let's say people from 2 sides came with a turf jail skin, it will be impossible to distinguish them and there will be confusion in turfs.

At the same time, the cops will be difficult to distinguish the star levels between criminals and the name, because the names seem to be united

alt text

For corner shots, we cannot see hp after a certain part of the player's body.

alt text
alt text
alt text

The criminals gathered for Bank rob cant see the player names of the players who board the plane, so the players who hit the plane with "CTRL - TAB" become undetectable.

alt text

Also, if you take the Mta under of your screen and come back to the game, you cannot see the name tags and hps.

alt text

^[alt text]

I'd suggest having an option in M panel or a command to revert nametags to MTA defaults to let people decide what they want. And also, my second suggestion for the Shamal thing, is to have the /shownametags command back separated by the /saeshud command so if nametags get you FPS drops while gathering up for BRs, etc. you can turn them off.
And also if you haven't noticed yet, there is a bug with the new tags, tags for the people already in your sight disappear when you minimize the game and don't get back unless they die (Which adds a DEAD to their name, so I suppose restarts their nametags) or start typing something (Which makes them have a * icon next to their names, so I once again suppose restarts their nametags).

Bugs are obviously expected with something that has literally just been released. I would expect @NanoBob to make certain amendments rather than just reverting to the old lagtags within the next few days.

@Kain Obviously, I liked the old tags, but I was having trouble with the fps issue. It can be better if there is an option to add a menu to the M panel and show us a choice between new tags and old tags. Also, as the velona says / shownametags option

If you find any issues could you please describe exactly how to reproduce them, and what you would like the behaviour to be.

Here's a list of things I'll look into changing:

• Seperate wanted level, give it a bit of a color

• Make health bar visible when nametag is visible

• Increase nametag range when aiming with a weapon

• Look into issue with players in the back of airplanes

@NanoBob said in [SUGGESTION] Name tags:

If you find any issues could you please describe exactly how to reproduce them, and what you would like the behaviour to be.

Here's a list of things I'll look into changing:

• Seperate wanted level, give it a bit of a color

• Make health bar visible when chat window is visible

• Increase nametag range when aiming with a weapon

• Look into issue with players in the back of airplanes

I don't know if this is really possible,but I really enjoyed the nametags from the 2013 era.

I took a look back on how it used to look and came up with my own concept of how I think the nametags should look.

^[alt text]

• Nostalgic font used (Arial Hollow)

• A clear distinction of the stars using the golden color code #F1C40F (similar to the wanted level you would get in GTA SA Singleplayer)

Also,Checking the scoreboard makes nametags go away until the scoreboard disappears.

@Spicey said in [SUGGESTION] Name tags:

@Soul said in [SUGGESTION] Name tags:

bring back the old tags what the fuck is this new bullshit

this new bullshit will get fixed, and we will stop crying about performance issues.

i was never had problem with FPS drops so idc about it ;v

just put it as a MOD who we can close and open it with using M>Mods

You haven't been in a BR plane with 40 people then ;)

Thank you for the very constructive criticism
/s

@AngelDust said in [SUGGESTION] Name tags:

alt text
yeah it has to fixed a lot

I'm not sure what the issue is here, could you describe exactly what does not behave like you want it to?

It starts to get real blurred when the player gets far.If its possible i want this to get fixed

/s

alt text

I'm not sure what the issue is here, could you describe exactly what does not behave like you want it to?

It starts to get real blurred when the player gets far.If its possible i want this to get fixed

Would you want the nametag to be bigger at far distances then?

/s

alt text

Would you want the nametag to be bigger at far distances then?

Actually whoever uses _ in his name starts to gets blurred real heavy as you can see the in the SS