[QoL] Optimise rT Base

Soul

Question

I guess, this has to be handled by the Group Management and RaceTech HQ, but, we can all agree that RaceTech Base, causes a major lagspike as soon as you enter LV and get close to it, so, what I am saying is, perhaps have some changes done to the shaders and shit, as it really is resource heavy and causes major lag spikes in half of LV

Cheers.

17 answers to this question

@Soul said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

perhaps have some changes done to the shaders and shit, as it really is resource heavy and causes major lag spikes in half of LV

I don't think their shaders have much, if any notable influence on your performance.. must be the sheer amount of objects streaming in, together with a bad base loading system

@Tut-Greco said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

perhaps have some changes done to the shaders and shit, as it really is resource heavy and causes major lag spikes in half of LV

I don't think their shaders have much, if any notable influence on your performance.. must be the sheer amount of objects streaming in, together with a bad base loading system

That's why I wasn't quite sure, which aspect exactly causes those lag spikes, but they are quite annoying to deal with and afaik there are certain limitations to base mappings to prevent this from happening.

That said, thanks for replying Doc.

@Spetnazz said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

Something around the middle on the LV highway is making my game get seizures when I drive past it after logging in. It's annoying as fuck, and if it's their base causing it to happen, then yes, please fix it

It's due to UE Base and RTech bases being loaded in at the same time as they're so close together. It makes my PC freeze up for like 5 seconds before it stops having a seizure.

@Tut-Greco said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

@sila said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

@Spetnazz said in [Suggestion] Solving an issue we all know about.:

Something around the middle on the LV highway is making my game get seizures when I drive past it after logging in. It's annoying as fuck, and if it's their base causing it to happen, then yes, please fix it

It's due to UE Base and RTech bases being loaded in at the same time as they're so close together. It makes my PC freeze up for like 5 seconds before it stops having a seizure.

Both of these diagnosis are incorrect, I would encourage you to avoid speculation in future.

The issue is solely to do with the rT base and the UE base does not play a part in this particularly bad loading experience.

The current plan is to have bases load asynchronously to avoid massive spikes while actually playing the game - this however is in the early stages.

The issue with the rT base right now is neither a "bad base loading system" (or else this would be the case for all bases) nor is it "sheer amount of objects" - their base comes in under the kb limit. The issue is the number of shaders being loaded, while they're well under the shader limit in terms of size, the number of shaders is over 20 - compared to other bases averaging around 5.

This is something we're looking to fix and we're aware of the issue and should asynchronous loading not happen any time soon, we'll look to reduce the number of rT shaders in the interim.