Set Rules About Religions

Faysal

Question

That's not something I'm gonna put a poll or vote for but It's a must.
Tonight I've been playing as usual nothing special until I saw that one guy from akrotiri and dhekelia that has only 3 hours ingame with the nickname "Allah" which is our god's name in Islam. First it didn't bother me so much but until him and a swat guy and bunch of assholes started making fun of the religion and asking him questions like he is a real god by saying "I, me.." When I told that guy to change his nickname and stop the shit he's doing. Some Z guy came up saying "Oooh sombody is offended" So, making fun of religions here in the server is allowed? Can I speak about stupid people who doesn't have a god in their life to follow (Atheist) and that they were born accidentally because somehow a man who was born somehow fucked a woman who was born somehow and raised a son like you? Or people who believe that the world is ruled by nature and somehow earth was created by no one and all of these incredible things we see are here somehow? Or maybe I can laugh at people who believe that animals and idols will actually help them in their life. Comon that's ridiculous..

I know that a lot of tunisians in the server say bad words towards Allah but that doesn't mean some don't or you can laugh about it. I'm not speaking like that only for muslims I mean every religion. I respect your religion you respect mine even if you don't have one.

Hope you will do something about that and set some rules such as kick/mute/ban people who make fun of religions or dickheads who wear the name "Allah" and go bitch around with it..

Some screenshots I took about how they were making fun of it
:::
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
:::

That's some screenshots I took but it didn't end shortly.. I'm asking dear admins to take some actions about that. Thanks for reading.

men wtf why can u feel offended IF THIS IS A GAMEEE!!! just take a pill of relax and dont let words enter to u . I cant understand why ppl get mad by virtual-words. are u under 18 age o what?, im not atheist but Im not a kid either to get pissed off by that childish thing

This is a topic which has been discussed at length multiple times and it was agreed on more than one occasion we would not be adding a rule to protect someones feelings with respect to claims of blasphemy.

There is a rule protecting players from specific, continued targeted harassment. Someone playfully insulting a religion in general terms is not targeted harassment.

On a personal note, you've really only made the situation worse by complaining about it - you're more likely to see these jokes now than you were before, and they were not that common previously.

Closing this off now, our stance previously was we would not be adding a rule around Blasphemy, I imagine it's our stance going forward unless @SAES-HQ make a change.

I think this is a great ending of this topic, wise words from Daniel sloss:

If you subscribe to any faith whatsoever, I 100% respect your right to have that belief, but you also have to understand, at no point do I ever actually have to respect your beliefs. Its stupid, and youre wrong. But I do respect your right to be wrong in public.