Nametags lowering FPS

Question

FPS with current one:
alt text

FPS with /saeshud:
alt text

There is a huge fps drop caused by the new nametags and i don't think anyone would mind bringing back the old nametags.

24 answers to this question

The current nametags probably contribute to it, but not by as much as you think.

You have to remember that the game is displaying more entities it was originally designed for, especially at events where there are loads of vehicles and people within the same streaming area, before you even take into account the ui getting rendered on top of that.

@Brophy said in Nametags lowering FPS:

The current nametags probably contribute to it, but not by as much as you think.

You have to remember that the game is displaying more entities it was originally designed for, especially at events where there are loads of vehicles and people within the same streaming area, before you even take into account the ui getting rendered on top of that.

you are right

We could see there is a way to make it 'toggleable' from old/new for people with more outdated machines, however, I can't promise anything as I don't know how the new ones are now tied into specific game functions.

People also need to be made aware that if it's possible to do it, it will be purely the old nametag with the wanted level at the end, without any additional information added to it (like team/class etc)

@blizzard said in Nametags lowering FPS:

it would be ok to make it an option for those with bad PCs but I like the current ones

I have a potato PC, but I just prefer the old nametags myself personally as I thought they looked better, caused less fps drops in high crowded areas, and I'm just an "old schooler" that likes the older things more. As Brophy mentioned, would be cool to have a "toggle" on/off of new/old tags

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3EEEEEEEES!!!)@/!!!!
not only cuz fps lag, bigger difference is that you can reorginaze alot easyer who actually is standing infront you with older tag.

fot this reason i suggested the same when new nametags arrived, but developers was like "we worked for new nametags & people know easyer wich class they spawned as"...
whilest with older nametags you see blue colouer = swat, purple = AA etc

maybe could do in settings to choose between old & new nametags, so everyone happy 100% happy

also just to show difference why old nametags better (besides fps lags):
new nametags: "find waldo find ardron"
alt text

alt text

old nametags: find HS sweman:
alt text
or find nathan : D
alt text

as can see, with new nametags finding someone in crowd is hard, even harder when people mooving, older nametags easyer & if someone dont know that blue = swat/purple = AA, who thefuck cares?

@Bartman said in Nametags lowering FPS:

also just to show difference why old nametags better (besides fps lags):
new nametags: "find waldo find ardron"
alt text

alt text

old nametags: find HS sweman:
alt text
or find nathan : D
alt text

as can see, with new nametags finding someone in crowd is hard, even harder when people mooving, older nametags easyer & if someone dont know that blue = swat/purple = AA, who thefuck cares?

yeah man, these were the times, Can we please get something regarding this @SAES-HQ-Leader aka the black dude :P, we the community desire them back

The new nametags are just better looking, imagine trying to find a FOX with the old name tags? Black name up against a black wall, good luck. At least now you can see their names.

Your theory that your FPS reduction is due to the name tags is probably not even true, there's nothing to show this other than you removing your entire HUD.

Look at your old screenshot with less people and the old name tags. Your FPS is 39 whilst in the interior. The new screenshot your FPS is 33 whilst outdoors on a custom piece of mapping with more people and vehicles.

It's unlikely that your FPS issues are attributed correctly to the name tags, and honestly I think you're wrong when you say they look better.

Your example is also bad, your complaint is that Ardrons name is blocked by Ape's, that isn't because of the name tag.

I could make an equally bad argument with the below;

alt text

FiNd NoVa!??

Old name tags bad, new name tags good. They also likely make little difference with FPS in identical environments.

@Daryl said in Nametags lowering FPS:

The new nametags are just better looking, imagine trying to find a FOX with the old name tags? Black name up against a black wall, good luck. At least now you can see their names.

Your theory that your FPS reduction is due to the name tags is probably not even true, there's nothing to show this other than you removing your entire HUD.

Look at your old screenshot with less people and the old name tags. Your FPS is 39 whilst in the interior. The new screenshot your FPS is 33 whilst outdoors on a custom piece of mapping with more people and vehicles.

It's unlikely that your FPS issues are attributed correctly to the name tags, and honestly I think you're wrong when you say they look better.

Your example is also bad, your complaint is that Ardrons name is blocked by Ape's, that isn't because of the name tag.

I could make an equally bad argument with the below;

alt text

FiNd NoVa!??

Old name tags bad, new name tags good. They also likely make little difference with FPS in identical environments.

point is that "find nova" is still easyer cuz its colouer over colouer.
whilest new nametags = white name + colouered class = colouered class over white name = you cant see the name, but you can see the class wich is less important.
name is more important than class, if u want i have complete collection from saes 2009 till now, & "find waldo" is alot easyer with old nametags

but to make all happy is very easy, just put option in m pannel to choose new or old nametags = all 100% happy