New BMW?

Tut

Question

I was approached to add this mod and would like to hear if this is something that the community would like to see.

It's a BMW from the 90's E36 M3. If suggestion passes, it'll replace a vehicle which isn't very commonly used. It's quite possible its stats will be tweaked as well. Donation wraps will be supported for the vehicle.

alt text
alt text
note: to fit with our server file size standards, it'll appear less detailed when live as usual.

Is this not extremely similar to a BMX mod on a hotring already?

If we're adding another mod for a car I'd rather see one that's unique instead of increasing the download size for a mod that already looks like a pre-existing mod.

@Tut-Greco said in New BMW?:

note: to fit with our server file size standards, it'll appear less detailed when live as usual.

I also don't think it's an accurate poll if we're voting on the appearance of a mod that wont look the same on the server. I'd suggest actually showing us what the mod will realistically appear to be.

@Daryl said in New BMW?:

I also don't think it's an accurate poll if we're voting on the appearance of a mod that wont look the same on the server. I'd suggest actually showing us what the mod will realistically appear to be.

your wish has been rejected. this is all we can show at the current time

@Daryl said in New BMW?:

we do have an E30 if that's what you mean.

@Tut-Greco said in New BMW?:

@Daryl said in New BMW?:

your wish has been rejected. this is all we can show at the current time

@Daryl said in New BMW?:

we do have an E30 if that's what you mean.

Yeah so we already have an incredible similar model of BMW, I don't see the justification or need for a new one to be honest. It seems like a waste of server space/resources - if any new mod was being added I would be more in favour of a new unique one as opposed to a re-hash of an existing one.

If we're all voting on the appearance of a mod and that is not how the mod will look in the game, then I don't see the results of a poll holding much weight to be honest. Just my 2 cents

@Daryl said in New BMW?:

If we're all voting on the appearance of a mod and that is not how the mod will look in the game, then I don't see the results of a poll holding much weight to be honest. Just my 2 cents

I think you're overexaggerating my statement, it shouldn't be that hard to understand that it'll look less detailed. it's not as if we're adding a BMW with cyber truck appearence.

@Moley said in New BMW?:

@SNome True

Replace it instead of adding a new bmw model for a other car

That's not what OP is suggesting, you gotta make a new suggestion for that if this suggestion passes.

@Markus said in New BMW?:

Actually, could we perhaps get a 4 doored BMW? Current one looks like a midget and I bet the new one would look quite similar

The 4 door BMW we have is from 2010+ and doesn't look similar at all to the one that's being proposed in OP.
But sure, you're welcome to suggest a replacement for the current 4door BMW we have, or any other vehicle.

Actually, could we perhaps get a 4 doored BMW? Current one looks like a midget and I bet the new one would look quite similar

The 4 door BMW we have is from 2010+ and doesn't look similar at all to the one that's being proposed in OP.
But sure, you're welcome to suggest a replacement for the current 4door BMW we have, or any other vehicle.

I was rather talking about the Hotring Racer not the Sentinel. But the Sentinel is kinda weird to be honest as it looks like a toy car and has a really odd suspension system, I'd like to see the old sentinel back

I was rather talking about the Hotring Racer not the Sentinel. But the Sentinel is kinda weird to be honest as it looks like a toy car and has a really odd suspension system, I'd like to see the old sentinel back

Ah I thought you were proposing a change for the 4 door BMW we have.
I'm not aware of any issues with the handling or suspension. If you'd like us to have a look at it please create an issue on the github describing what exactly is wrong.
You're welcome to suggest that we revert to old sentinel if you prefer :+1:

@Ferthis said in New BMW?:

3rd BMW? Why not a nice oldschool mercedes?

The only requests we've had were this BMW. If you like the afforementioned vehicle added please make a separate suggestion with a poll.

@ChasinTLSN said in New BMW?:

Absolutely, E36 is lit. We need a Lada aswell added, would be nice to blast some hardbass while the glasses are shattering after adding the stereo at the modshop, imagine if that would be scripted :D

A Lada with the Damaged Glenade handeling would be sooooo good lmao, make a suggestion :crazypepe: