Wanted level when buying Drugs

Lincoln

Question

@Ammar said in disallow squadmember to spawn drugdealer in brs:

A better solution would be giving both the drug dealer and the player a 5 wanted level upon purchasing drugs, makes sense since they're both engaging in illegal activity, no? And according to kain's logic, if civilians shouldn't be anywhere near gang/squad activities, then it only makes sense for cops not to be anywhere near drugs based on this logic.

21 answers to this question

I've also suggested something similar before in https://saesrpg.uk/topic/13697/government-drug-stores , but as the topic had been locked and moved there couldn't be any discussions about it so it's good to have this topic to specifically suggest this.

Last but not least, on-duty cops should also get wanted levels if they buy drugs, doesn't matter if from government stores or criminals.

@Lincoln said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

@Ammar said in disallow squadmember to spawn drugdealer in brs:

A better solution would be giving both the drug dealer and the player a 5 wanted level upon purchasing drugs, makes sense since they're both engaging in illegal activity, no? And according to kain's logic, if civilians shouldn't be anywhere near gang/squad activities, then it only makes sense for cops not to be anywhere near drugs based on this logic.

So if I went to the local drug draler in my town and I bought some weed or coke to a party I am automatically wanted, that's non sense.
I agree that if any cop somehow search us or test us and drugs are found on us or that we are in drugs effect then we should be wanted.
Maybe it can be made with alt gr in the suspect

this should be a thing..

@Bangas said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

So if I went to the local drug draler in my town and I bought some weed or coke to a party I am automatically wanted, that's non sense.
I agree that if any cop somehow search us or test us and drugs are found on us or that we are in drugs effect then we should be wanted.
Maybe it can be made with alt gr in the suspect

don't know any local shop around the world that sells cocaine apart from weed
ironically if you buy weed here in the Netherlands you are committing a crime BUT due to the local authorities showing a small tolerance you are allowed to carry 5 gram but even that can be confiscated voluntarily by the police

Better try with this:
@Gengar said in disallow squadmember to spawn drugdealer in brs:

Now, best solution to make everyone happy, at least from my point of view, is to keep everything as it is now with addition of strong pain killers to drug dealer GUI which would heal players when purchased. Doesn't take any effort at all to be added and it's not a rocket science. Civilians can still be restricted from bank robs, cops will still be able to use speed and criminals inside a bank will have a way to heal themselves with something that makes sense to be bought from drug dealer and there are plenty of them on criminal side during bank robs. Everyone happy.

Because your idea, which I support, will never get accepted by Kain and the company, no matter how many players vote Yes for it

@Gengar said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

Because your idea, which I support, will never get accepted by Kain and the company, no matter how many players vote Yes for it

Unless our big friend Kain could come up with fair reasoning not to do it I don't see why not kek. Suggestion is based on his logic after all, enjoy.

@Lincoln said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

@Gengar said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

Unless our big friend Kain could come up with fair reasoning not to do it I don't see why not kek. Suggestion is based on his logic after all, enjoy.

He doesn't need reasons to do, or not do things he wants. As we already have seen so far, he can do whatever he wants without the need to reason with anyone about it, or justify his actions. Once he got hold of unlimited power, any reason and logic has left his mind.

Section 52 of the Act is a criminal provision. It prohibits knowingly or recklessly making, or permitting the making of, a representation to the public, in any form whatever, that is false or misleading in a material respect.

I didn't see the bitchy comments until now. In what ideal world do you think giving one team (of whom is wanted 90% the time anyway cus they're criminals) specifically access to a game mechanic that makes your game speed 1.5x faster?

I'm not saying this is a bad suggestion at all because logically I agree it does make sense but what I do disagree with is the design of speed and how it's heavily flawed in terms of game design.

Just sit back for a minute and get out of the delusion that you're living which is "I'm a criminal, give me OP things, cops bad grr". In what world do you think in a team based server like this one that it's fair to give one side such an OP game mechanic that increases overall game speed, rate of fire and vehicle acceleration. I was in TT for a short period last year as some of you know and it was pretty common to see people selling speed to eachother regularly because of how easy it makes it to evade and kill cops.
The only reason a poll like this gets so heavily skewed to 1 side is because it's no secret that we have more official gangmembers than squad members on the server (I can get you an actual stat if you want) so a poll like these is heavily unrepresentative.

If I had it my way and I did what I want, I'd completely remove speed altogether or atleast add a side effect that deterrents people from using it or make it as easily accessible for cops as it is for criminals then I'd consider adding your above suggestion. Until then, I'm not going to be making an unbalanced game mechanic even more unbalanced.

The only reason you've made such a thread is because you dislike how OP speed is for cops without actually thinking how OP it is for criminals as well. Surely that in itself is enough to identify that the issue itself is speed and not the accessibility of it?

@Kain said in Wanted level when buying Drugs:

I didn't see the bitchy comments until now. In what ideal world do you think giving one team (of whom is wanted 90% the time anyway cus they're criminals) specifically access to a game mechanic that makes your game speed 1.5x faster?

I'm not saying this is a bad suggestion at all because logically I agree it does make sense but what I do disagree with is the design of speed and how it's heavily flawed in terms of game design.

Just sit back for a minute and get out of the delusion that you're living which is "I'm a criminal, give me OP things, cops bad grr". In what world do you think in a team based server like this one that it's fair to give one side such an OP game mechanic that increases overall game speed, rate of fire and vehicle acceleration. I was in TT for a short period last year as some of you know and it was pretty common to see people selling speed to eachother regularly because of how easy it makes it to evade and kill cops.
The only reason a poll like this gets so heavily skewed to 1 side is because it's no secret that we have more official gangmembers than squad members on the server (I can get you an actual stat if you want) so a poll like these is heavily unrepresentative.

If I had it my way and I did what I want, I'd completely remove speed altogether or atleast add a side effect that deterrents people from using it or make it as easily accessible for cops as it is for criminals then I'd consider adding your above suggestion. Until then, I'm not going to be making an unbalanced game mechanic even more unbalanced.

The only reason you've made such a thread is because you dislike how OP speed is for cops without actually thinking how OP it is for criminals as well. Surely that in itself is enough to identify that the issue itself is speed and not the accessibility of it?

Amen.