[SUGGESTION] Enhancing Donation Rewards

Howlze

Question

Hi everyone,

During the past few months, perhaps even years, there has been a vast drop in donations for the server. This may not hurt the server itself at its current state - however, this server isn't cheap to run, therefore, with the current rate of donations, who knows how long the server will stay up?

Throughout this thread, there'll be a large variety of suggestions for donation rewards, the reason/idea behind these, is simply to give (not an advantage, as it should not be pay-to-win) a great reward for donating, which could include cosmetics and fun.

Some of these suggestions are ideas inspired by other servers', therefore, some of the suggestions may have somewhat of a relation to other servers. Keep in mind, we are all one happy MTA community, we should not consider ourselves competitors, rather - we could learn from each other.

Introducing .. Donation Points

By donating 25.00 GBP, you'll receive: 5 points
By donating 50.00 GBP, you'll receive: 12 points
By donating 75.00 GBP, you'll receive: 18 points
By donating 125.00 GBP, you'll receive: 30 points

With every donation (depending on amount) you'll be getting donation points - these can be used for lots of fun activities, but are also time-limited/session limited. This means, that you'll only have these perks for a limited amount of time.

These donation points can also be transferred to other members in-game. This opens up for the ability to sell your donation points for in-game money, cars, properties and more. This also gives people, who have money to spare in real life, to gain money/properties/vehicles in-game.

1. Enable your jetpack to travel around the world of San Andreas with ease (/jetpack). This can not be used while wanted and is restricted (through scripting) from selected areas, such as Area 51, CLO base and more. ** 2 Points per Hour**

2. Your salary is increased by 25%. ** 1 Point per Hour**

3. You can glue on any vehicle/aircraft. ** 2 Points per Hour**

4. Donation Skins/Shaders (have a few selective made). ** 2 Points per Session**

Introducing .. Donation Perks

By donating at least 75.00 GBP, you'll have access to the following:

1. You can own a total of 10 houses, instead of the current limit of 8.

2. Advertisement text is listed in a more convenient text color, rather than the current one - a cooldown of five minutes will be added. (/donationad)

By donating at least 125.00 GBP, you'll have access to the following:

1. Everything listed before.

2. Vehicle upgrades are reduced with 50%.

3. You can own a total of 11 houses, instead of the current limit of 8.

By donating at least 175.00 GBP, you'll have access to the following:

2. You can own a total of 12 houses, instead of the current limit of 8.

3. Donator advertisement has a cooldown of two minutes, instead of the current five minute cooldown.

By donating at least 200.00 GBP, you'll have access to the following:

2. Have access to the /createradio command (play any .mp3 or .m3u URL).

By donating at least 500.00 GBP, you'll have access to the following:

2. Have your own personal Hydra (modified, so it does not have any sort of weaponry)

19 answers to this question

So make in-game rich people even more rich. Like economy isnt fucked up enough already. Like yeah, people with 8 properties usually are rich so fuck yeah let them own even more properties and also make things cheaper for them :D I say big NO for this "perks"- section unless you or someone figures some other perks that does not fuck up the economy more and/or give advantage to anyone.

But this "donation points"- part sounds cool to me.

Good idea but as of right now, it doesn't really look like it's worth it to donate, considering the strict time limit.
I mean, I can pay 25 pounds to fly around on a jetpack for 2 hours, then have my salary increased by 25% for an hour?
Doesn't really seem like a good deal to me.

@Ronnie said in [SUGGESTION] Enhancing Donation Rewards:

Good idea but as of right now, it doesn't really look like it's worth it to donate, considering the strict time limit.
I mean, I can pay 25 pounds to fly around on a jetpack for 2 hours, then have my salary increased by 25% for an hour?
Doesn't really seem like a good deal to me.

Obviously the cost/reward can be adjusted. This is just a template for what sort of changes could be brought to light.

@Crash said in [SUGGESTION] Enhancing Donation Rewards:

I would remove the 25 % increase in income and the 50% discounts because of the state of our economy

It's just about time we reset the economy (properties, money and cars).

@JoGe said in [SUGGESTION] Enhancing Donation Rewards:

So make in-game rich people even more rich. Like economy isnt fucked up enough already. Like yeah, people with 8 properties usually are rich so fuck yeah let them own even more properties and also make things cheaper for them :D I say big NO for this "perks"- section unless you or someone figures some other perks that does not fuck up the economy more and/or give advantage to anyone.

But this "donation points"- part sounds cool to me.

No, it's just about time we reset the economy. The economy, in its current state, is completely fucked. That's what happens after 10 years of the same economy.

@Howlze Some of these suggestions are very good ideas. You can own more houses,custom skin shader ,glue on any vehicle.your own personal Hydra modified, so it does not have any sort of weapons, my opinion this will increase the donation,
Or If you donate ? you can request either, custom skin shader, or glue , own more houses.
Receiving donation points sounds good, About the time-limited doesn't sounds good idea @Brophy

@Filex said in [SUGGESTION] Enhancing Donation Rewards:

This exactly does kill what saes has and other servers dont which is not giving unfair advantages to donators

Some points should change probably to get this as a better suggestion

This suggestion isn't about the features listed, it's more about doing "something" to make it interesting for people to donate. Sadly, people don't justs donate to keep the server alive and to show their gratitude for all the SAES clan have done for them.