Alright so I wanted to discuss about this topic since the beginning of this quarantine, we all know the conditions of the world, more than 1 billion of people are asked to stay at home due to the pandemic, in order to prevent any kind of increase of the virus expansion.
But the fact is that yes indeed staying at home could be benefit, but also has a lot of cons and one of the most important ones is domestic violence. There is an incredible increase of phone calls being done in several countries regarding domestic violence reports, against children, or husband/wife. And as you might wonder, they obviously can't escape the act since the world is in quarantine.
So please the message that i'm trying to share here, is more as a mission for you all which is if you are witness of any type of domestic violence (hearing screams, fighting, crying childrens) please contact any type of service that your country provides to those kind of situations. And do not let it happen, and act deafen. Not helping is taking part of the crime, a simple dial on your phone, and a sentence: ''Hello, I'm witness of what could be defined as domestic abuse, I live [...] and I heared/saw [...]'' can save a life.
So here a list of different hotlines, for every country that I could find:
- USA: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) in more than 200 languages. All calls are free and confidential. 24/7
- Europe: 1-1-2 Hotline used for any country in europe, offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
- Canada: 9-1-1 All type of emergency hotline offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
- Tunisia: 1-8-9-9 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
- Argentina: 1-4-4 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
- United Kingdom: 0808 2000 247 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
- Turkey : 656 96 96 offers a 24/7 Help and Free of Charges.
To all the other countries i didn't stated above, any type of emergency number (usually police) will be able to deal with the issue, and help you go through the situation.
(If you can share a hotline used in your country, it would be really helpful)