Information about Ikzelf
Posts made by Ikzelf
Spetnazz Questionnaire: Why are you not a party animal, skin 2? Ikzelf replied in Blackhole
who says I am not?
GM Questionnaire: Why are you not a cop? Ikzelf replied in Questions and Suggestions Archive
I will just throw in my 10 cents from what I encountered of playing as a cop over the last years:
It's just not fun to play as a cop for a longer period of time.
Let me break it down:
- It's stupidly easy to arrest people. Yes, it is. Ofcourse, if you solo it, don't expect to be able to take down a group of 3-4 people. But 1-1 is easy to pull off and 1-2 can be a mild challenge depending on you approach it.
- There is no teamwork involved. I loved it when we could get a group of AA together and start playing with 4 AAPD's in a car. Its fun and changes up your gamestyle. But there is also where the cop life shines in my opinion. Teamwork. Its not fun to drive around solo in the streets and not being able to find people. BRINGING BACK BLIPS could help a lot as for people to find activity. Criminals can go find groups of cops to provoke into roleplay (E.g. chases, pullovers, etc) and cops can find people to interact with.
- There are no activities to do outside patrolling and arresting. As @ILLUSION mentioned cops need criminals to thrive. Patrolling can be boring as fuck if you can't find people to interact with.
What needs to change:
- SAES has to decide whether they wanna go the Cops N Robbers way or the roleplay way with CnR mixed into it.
- People should have to worry less about how something they may do could cause an admin to admin jail them for it.
- Take inspiration from different servers. Just look at NoPixel for example on how they handle a whole different meta game with their inventory system. Imagine the possibilities that such system opens up for cops in activities.
- Get rid of PC. Its stupid, always was, always will be. Half of the 'features' of police are hidden behind. Open it up for all players and you might see a change, maybe even a group forming out of it.
- Rework spawning/arresting/death system. Its stupid that you can respawn 10m away within 5seconds after you died. For both cops and criminals.
- and most Important TEST -> ASK FOR FEEDBACK -> CHANGE ACCORDINGLY. Don't expect your golden idea or change to be what people want. Be transparent about the reasoning and the expectations you have with the ideas you implement. Some changes are good for the server even if the majority sees it differently but it is important to say why you are doing them. And if it doesn't work out. Roll it back and start over.
So. Whatever comes up, we need different type of scripts and ofcourse you gonna say "Yea that requires scripters" - but people have ideas and are willing to help just the attitude they get for trying are scaring them off.