I made this to help those that struggle with this tool or either want to learn how it's used in a clear simple way with images, although you can find a guide inside the resource.
If you haven't got GUI Editor installed then click here. If you have already and want to know some basics on its functionality, you're at the right place.
First of all, assuming you already have a local server started, we must make sure the resource is running. You can either start it from console:
Or using the admin panel:
Once the resource has started, we must press: "Shift" + "G" or use command: "/ guied".
If you have followed all steps correctly, this will pop at the bottom of your screen:
You can turn it off the same way. Now let's get onto the next step.
Clicking your right mouse will open the main menu:
Now an explanation of each segment:
- Create: Used to create the objects of a GUI, such as the panel, texts, images, etc.
- Drawing: Used to create DxDraw objects.
- Preview in resolution: It is to see how things are going to be seen in different sizes of screens.
- Output: used to see the generated code of the GUI and to save it:
Remember that to be saved we must have the resource guieditor in the group ACL - Admin.
- Load code: It is used to load the codes or the creations already made and that are saved.
- Share gui: To share our creation with another user that is on the server.
- Settings: Well, the configurations.
- Help: The guide of the resource.
So yeah, let's go to a very basic first step.
To create an object what we have to do is look for the object that we are going to create, for example the window and we must click on it.
When the menu disappears we must press and hold the mouse at one point and then drag it.
If we right click inside the GUI, we can change the size, move it, create an object, etc. As seen in the following image:
Now you're free to experiment with the options, good luck in whatever you're making. If you have any questions post here or catch me on Discord.