Later today, we will be pushing a change to the server which will allow you to add vehicle shaders to your donation vehicles.
I'd like to thank @Mega9 for developing this new system.
The prerequisites to gain a vehicle shader are:
- You must already own a donation vehicle (if you don't, you need to donate separately for the vehicle).
- The donation required for 1 shader (generic) applied to 1 vehicle is £5.
- The donation required for 1 shader (custom) applied to 1 vehicle is £10.
- Once you own a donation shader, you may change it for free, however, you will be limited to 1 change per month.
For example, if you didn't already own a donation vehicle, it would be a total for £20 for a vehicle (£10) and a custom shader (£10).
Difference between generic and custom shader wraps:
GENERIC SHADER WRAP
- These are basic patterns and gradients. You can't put logos or text
CUSTOM SHADER WRAP
- You can draw penises onto the hood, put squad logos on the doors, state that Tombaa is a Swedish whore etc
Vehicle wraps must be divided by 2, preferably between 256x256 - 512x512 (maximum dimensions) in DXT1 .DDS format without mipmaps. You can find wraps on various sites or make them yourself.
Hopefully, a few of our talented community members can start doing tutorials or create a service you can use.
However, until then, feel free to use #saes-support channel on discord if you get stuck.
We have set up a bug tracker to manage the uploads of files and keep track of what needs pushing to the server, it can be found here: https://github.com/saesrpg/donation-vehicle-shaders/issues
Once you have donated, please edit your donation topic with a link to the issue raised on the tracker and a SAES Developer will process it for you.
Here are some examples of generic wraps:
Here is an example of what a potential custom wrap could look like:
Quick heads up by @Tut-Greco (For Designers):
More information about vehicle wraps can be found here: https://saesrpg.uk/topic/8309/about-donation-wraps