Reporting SAES>NanoBob for an unfair adminjail

• It is all about the new trafficking activity. We got 4 adminjails in total for DM while trying to steal the van as we lit the van on fire rather than killing the driver. Jumping on regular assumptions we just got punished.

Let me say first that no rules were set upon implementing the new activity and punishing players rather than warning them while the activity just came out is too harsh.

Contrary to Nanobob's beliefs, we were actually trying to kill the driver, not destroy the vehicle. However we all know that reason does not help at all when trying to reason with an admit.

Some justifications made from Nanobob:
    "You were shooting the van from the back" - Yes we were, AFAIK, you can still damage the player from behind because I have been killed from people who shoot from my back.

"Learn to aim" - If I get my aim perfect while being in a high speed chase I would be glad, yes. Of course I will miss some of my shots, but even if I don't, we are all familiar with the bullet sync that is never cooperating when you are aiming for a precision shot + being in a car and chasing another person.

"You said "gg ez" after you killed the cop"- Yes, one of us did say it out of retardness, not because our objective is to ruin the whole fucking activity, yet based on that Nanobob assumed we are just out there, finding people to DM.

"You were just trying to find an excuse to DM"- Now that is so fucking arrogant, it blows my mind. Do you seriously believe yourself that we would purposely break the "unwritten rules" that you set in your mind while you are standing right next to us the whole time AND while we are playing hard to be clean so we could have no problem leveling up our gang?

Another reason for the jail was that we also killed the cop driver after the vehicle was destroyed. As it is during the activity how am I supposed to know not to kill him when the VIP activity that is similar requires to kill the enemy team. Yes, it was after the vehicle was destroyed but due to all this uncertainty our best guess was to shoot the cop, before he goes on to arrest us or shoot us.

Mentioning it, yet again, the new activity had no rules set prior to its release which throws the player is the deep water, unsure how to act on it.

The incident should have went off with a warning instead of 4 adminjails JUST to show everybody else what are people supposed to do while playing this kind of activity.
    I heard other people got also got reported for activities involving this new update and that does not prove that "People are trying to find ways to DM", it proves that information concerning the activity was not sufficient enough.

I strongly believe that my adminjail was completely unfair and it should have went off as a verbal warning for what not to do next time because there were no rules set on it, and I can't get in anybody's mind to know what I should do and what I should't do.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I logged in in the middle of such an activity and I saw you shooting the van's back end which did not really help at building the right perspective about what exactly should happen during the activity. Im sure you will excuse yourself with saying that you were actually shooting the driver because you saw it. I also saw the whole thing differently, yet you don't have a problem assuming that I was intentionally trying to ruin the whole thing.

After all that happened you didn't try to find a reason of why we did that, you had your decision already, as you were obviously deviating from the conversation.

• I will add to this topic my point of view on the situation, and let someone else deal with it.

You were adminjailed for deathmatching, which is we all know is killing someone without a valid reason.
    The new script does indeed allow criminals the opportunity to steal the money transport, and bring it somewhere to earn money. Meaning if you were to attack someone to achieve this goal, that would indeed not be deathmatching.

The situation yesterday night however did not show any signs of you attempting to steal the vehicle. You rolled up to the rear / side of the securicar, instantly shooting the rear and side of the vehicle. Which only damages the vehicle, not the driver.

Then once you destroyed the vehicle (and the driver exited the vehicle as happens when a vehicle is set on fire), you continued to shoot at the driver of the vehicle. At this point, when the driver is no longer in the vehicle and you have no opportunity to steal the vehicle anymore, you no longer have any valid reason whatsoever to attack the driver, meaning this is simply deathmatching. (This is why you were adminjailed, deathmatching, as stated in the adminjail reason)

This was then indeed followed by you guys saying in the chat "gg ez", which seems like an indication that this is in fact what you were trying to do. But even without that what you did is still deathmatching. But I'll add the relevant quote anyway:

[00:06] [HS]Santos|NLE: gg ez
    [00:06] [HS]Homeless[1312]: ez
    [00:06] [ThC]Light|ChaoS: get more iq guys u should kill the driver not destroy the car

Similar cases which have come up many times in the past, is when someone steals your (disk) vehicle. If someone steals your vehicle you are allowed to attack them to re-gain access to your vehicle. If they however are no longer in possession of your vehicle, you no longer have a reason to attack them, so if you continue to do so you violate the server rules.

I forgot to mention that I logged in in the middle of such an activity and I saw you shooting the van's back end which did not really help at building the right perspective about what exactly should happen during the activity. Im sure you will excuse yourself with saying that you were actually shooting the driver because you saw it. I also saw the whole thing differently, yet you don't have a problem assuming that I was intentionally trying to ruin the whole thing.

I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about and if by "you" you mean myself. Because if so, I never played as a criminal trying to highjack a securicar last night, so I am not certain what situation you would be describing in that case.

So the summarise, the rule you ended up breaking is not an "unwritten" rule, but rule #1 of the server gameplay rules.

• @nanobob said in Reporting SAES>NanoBob for an unfair adminjail:

The situation yesterday night however did not show any signs of you attempting to steal the vehicle. You rolled up to the rear / side of the securicar, instantly shooting the rear and side of the vehicle. Which only damages the vehicle, not the driver.

I already stated that you can damage the player from the rear part of the vehicle.

In regards of the other stuff you wrote as for the rule, every criminal/cop activity is always equipped with a set of rules to make players understand exactly what to do and what not to do.

I completely understand the whole situation, however I believe it should have went off with a warning rather than an adminjail, due to the circumstances for the activity being released just now and the unwritten rules thingy.

The whole AJ situation seemed kind of impulsive from your side because you didn't come to resolve the situation except rub our noses how we just DMed, even adminjailed the driver of the car who couldnt have anything to do with us shooting the van and the player which just proves that you were too haste yesterday.

Edit:

I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about and if by "you" you mean myself. Because if so, I never played as a criminal trying to highjack a securicar last night, so I am not certain what situation you would be describing in that case.

Im talking about when you tried to stop Petrow in Whetsone. You might remember the case because we told u something is bugged and we couldn't get the money out of it.

• @homeless said in Reporting SAES>NanoBob for an unfair adminjail:

Edit:

Im talking about when you tried to stop Petrow in Whetsone. You might remember the case because we told u something is bugged and we couldn't get the money out of it.

That is a different case, that is not a criminal trying to steal the truck, but rather a cop trying to arrest someone (who in this case happens to be in a securicar). And as is the case with any cop trying to arrest someone, they are allowed to destroy the vehicle in order to force them out of it.

• @nanobob

You see this is also confusing because One can interpret it as criminals can also kill the transporter in order to prevent them from getting money.

That whole uncertainty that surrounds the activity confuses people because others got reported and got into similar situations as well.

And this is why I believe you should have waited with going hard on us and explain what exactly we can do and what we can't.

@nanobob

You see this is also confusing because One can interpret it as criminals can also kill the transporter in order to prevent them from getting money.

Yet there is no other case on the server where that is allowed. Are criminals allowed to kill truckers to prevent them from getting money?

• @nanobob

That would be a good argument against me, however we are talking about an activity that is about a criminal vs cop spawn (As transporters use the Police spawn) and I can give you an example with the VIP activity which is kind of the same (Both teams trying to retrieve the target), in which case the VIP can also be killed in action under some unfortunate circumstances.

Of course the difference is that here, the van is your reward, not a VIP. But that doesn't mean that the van might not get completely fucked at some cases. I already told you we were trying to kill the transporter (Again, you can damage a player from shooting the back of the van) but we were not able to fully kill him before the van got trashed as the dynamic scene makes it way too hard to hit your shots whether it is because of the car and van turning or the bullet sync.

@nanobob

That would be a good argument against me, however we are talking about an activity that is about a criminal vs cop spawn (As transporters use the Police spawn)

The fact that the driver is on the Police team makes no difference. You are not allowed to attack them purely for the sake of ruining their job, like is the case with any other job on the server.

• @nanobob

You are leading the conversation to the point where you want me say that we went there to purposely ruin the activity.

I will probably say it for the third time. We went there with the intention to steal the van, not destroy everything.

And again, I go back to my first post. Do you still believe that we would do all that shit on purpose right in front of you?

Due to the arguments stated above, I will say again, the adminjail was unfair and impulsive.

Edit: Since every activity has rules written for itself, to me, it seems like you were just trying to clean your hands off by saying the activity just follows general rules. The whole server has not yet power to read anybody's mind to figure out what is going on and how are you interpreting things.

@nanobob

You are leading the conversation to the point where you want me say that we went there to purposely ruin the activity.

I will probably say it for the third time. We went there with the intention to steal the van, not destroy everything.

And again, I go back to my first post. Do you still believe that we would do all that shit on purpose right in front of you?

Due to the arguments stated above, I will say again, the adminjail was unfair and impulsive.

Edit: Since every activity has rules written for itself, to me, it seems like you were just trying to clean your hands off by saying the activity just follows general rules. The whole server has not yet power to read anybody's mind to figure out what is going on and how are you interpreting things.

I am not trying to lead the conversation anywhere, I am just explaining things from my point of view, so the person who eventually ends up dealing with this report is able to make his decision.

• I will only deal with the admin-jail that's applicable to you.

Regardless of having a new game-mode or script adding to the server, unless new rules pertaining to that new game-mode/script are added, then the current server rules should take precedence.

You destroyed the van in the process of trying to take it, the task at that point was over, the driver just stood still while typing, he did not go after you or retaliate after the van was destroyed, but you still proceeded to kill him.

That is classed as DM therefore punishment stands.