[FEATURE] Economy Reset?[SOLVED]

Brophy

Economy Reset?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an economy reset?

• Yes, (please state why by replying to topic).
    • No, (please state why by replying to topic).

Question

Let me just point out from the start, this is not planned but rather I would rather gauge the feedback.

Current Economy Issues:

Hyperinflation

• Millions of dollars means nothing to players.
  • Fuel costs $13/litre for example.

Massive pricing inconsistency

• A prime example of this is pizza from a pizzaboy costs $500, vs $2-$10 in a pizza shop.

Making money is too easy

• A balance needs to be struck between keeping players engaged and preventing excessive grind.

How could these issues be solved?

• Make it harder to earn money.
    • A balance needs to be struck so it's not too grindy, but also not too easy.
    • Reduce or remove money given for donations.
  • Balance the income from jobs.
    • Each job should pay roughly the same amount for the work up in.
    • Appealing, fun jobs should pay less than more tedious roles to incentivise variety.
  • Ingame assets such as vehicles and housing are to be re-costed based on a working economy but with the ability to adjust the market value based on demand or the current economy state.
    • This would involve an automated flag-based system when setting up housing, so area, housing features and house type would be taken into account to automatically generate a market value, instead of admins making stuff up.
  • Make it easier to spend your hard-earned money.
    • Add more ways to spend your money in-game on items.

For this to be effective, it would require a full in-game reset for all assets.

• All bank accounts (including organisation balance) would be wiped.
  • All housing (excluding organisation bases) would be placed back up for purchase (including admins).
  • Would you want all vehicles to be wiped or allow people to keep x vehicles but worth the balanced price?
    • Donation-placed vehicles would still be kept as they cannot be sold and are a perk for donating.

What do you guys think? Again, I must point out, we have no plans to do this (unless there is a massive demand for it from the community).

Please only reply if you have some constructive feedback, spam or trolling will be removed and may result in a forum ban.

P.S. Credits to @Nikolai 

• Like 11
  • Moist 1

I view the idea of an economy reset positively, however, there are a few things that I would like to note here.

Before I state what I think, a little question in regards to properties: Organisation properties that are currently stored within gang panel, will also be excluded from the change, correct?

What I think:

• Ordinary job income will definitely require adjustment due to the huge pay gap that exists up to this day. It would be great to see players making use of different spawns in order to afford what they want.
  • Doing jobs should not become an overwhelming grind. The payment you receive should align with whatever there is to purchase. It is senseless to introduce an economy change if it will demand countless weeks of grind just to afford a Super-GT.
  • Main criminal activities such as Store Robberies, VIP and Public Bankrobberies should still be rewarded handsomely (not as much as tedious jobs though) due to the fact that they require absolute attention from both cops and criminals - the higher the risk, the higher the reward.
  • Cops should be provided with substantial income from arrests & successful stopping of SRs/VIPs/BRs. Cops should definitely earn more from successful arrests compared to what criminals earn with their activities. This change could raise interest in our cop side, which desperately requires a revival.
  • I agree with the rest.

One significant issue I am seeing with an economy reset is the problem of turf wars. Currently, gangs are able to exploit the turf-money system by monopolizing turf zones for extended periods of time, effectively farming money without facing any opposition. Thus far, gangs were able to collect billions with said system and they are not going to stop even with an economy reset. Hence, the economy reset will become obsolete since hyperinflation is going to occur again. IF an economy reset is planned, monopolization of turf wars will need to be handled first and foremost. 

• Like 4

Yes, based on a few small factors.

• Weapons storage wiped.
  • Vehicles wiped *but* first vehicle at dealership is free up to X amount. For example, able to buy a small vehicle not a Cheetah.
  • Every job and activity payout reworked to accommodate
  • 'Legacy' rewards for donors (claimed within 3 months) based on how much has been donated. For example, those who have donated <£50 get $50,000 ingame money, £51-£99 get £100,000, £100-£149 get $150,000 and >£150 get $250,00 & the option of keeping one of their properties and an interior. Going forward we could remove cash for donations. Obviously this would also be adjusted depending on how costs are altered with job payouts and how much things cost to buy in general.
  • Organisation money becomes 'dead money'. IE gang leaders can't withdraw the money for themselves, this money would go towards the cost of buying vehicles and other rewards for the gang based on their level. Events hosted by a gang could perhaps use this money in some way too?

A reset has been needed for years but it can't just be the flick of a switch, the whole server needs a rework for it to work properly.

• Like 8

An economy reset is definitely needed as already pointed out why.

I suggest that spawns (G/S) no longer grant you weapons upon spawning, that won't only help balance the economy, but it'll also benefit the newbie criminals/arms dealers.
To clarify, players will have to buy weapons from the ammu-nation store or arms dealer.

Additionally, I think you should get rid of saving your weapons/ammu by moving and taking them out from the disk weapon storage and instead, just save them anyway (even if you click on "Spawnscreen"), that way it's also easier for new players.

Question: If an economy reset does happen, will G/S/C levels get reset? (Mainly asking because of the gang vehicles)

• Like 5

As exciting as it sounds, the outcome will not be as satisfying as your expectations. A complete reset will not result in people joining back obviously because they would have to grind all over again, to end up at the same point, rich and have nothing to do. Let alone those who only join the game once a month to keep their properties, they will not have a reason to login anymore (Why do they keep properties anyways? To come back to them someday when they decide to restart playing actively, probably never, but still...)

It may be a 50 50 risk that you will have to take, but since the server's activity is absolutely dead then what is there to lose anymore. However, there can be extra activities added with this as-well, the player will not have to wait between SRs and VIPs, you have to keep them busy going from a grind to another, basically like GTA V, where you go from a nightclub mission to another shit, but yea it'll be based on grinding for some time since it's a complete reset, and I bet this nigger ( @MrSolrac) will be a millionaire the next day the reset happens

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A general reset would get me involved again. A fresh start with the idea of the contrband would make it interesting.

About the economy reset, it's a good start but how would the money of donations be taken into account?

A big change is needed imo.

Regards.

• Like 2

I don't think that the money reset should be thought about at all until the economy is fixed. 

Fix the prices, income, expenses and everything related to it. In case that you do miraculously somehow make it work, only then should old money be erased. There is no point to wiping money until the previous step is done. If the wipe happens and the economy doesn't get fixed afterwards (SAES is notorious for taking forever to implement something, that is if it's not forgotten halfway through) we'll be in a worse position than we are now with a bunch of annoyed players, one less thing to come back to, and an equally broken economy. This can't be done as a half-assed, quick patched attempt at affecting server activity.

Tldr - No money wipe until economy is fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While my opinion may be arriving late,

I strongly advocate for a complete reset of the monetary system and a simultaneous economic reset. Furthermore, I believe in resetting the ownership of vehicles and houses. I can vividly recall the times when gangs would diligently save money over weeks or even months in order to acquire their desired properties.

It was an incredibly rewarding and enjoyable experience, especially being broke as fuck and being cautious about every bullet spent, given their high cost. Regarding vehicle resets, I would also support the idea, that players, based on their current fleet would be able to keep X amount of vehicles. This would strike a balance between a fresh start and acknowledging the progress players have made over time.

I am for a careful adjustment rather than complete removal of the monetary rewards associated with donations. I think that such a change would effectively reinvigorate the donation activity for a short period of time, as stupid idiots like myself, who are enticed by pay-to-win mechanics, are inclined to buy in-game currency.

Edited by Mari
  • Like 1

It really makes sense. Doing SR or BR means nothing because properties selling for millions and you are just having around 40k from a 1 SR and it means nothing. A few weeks ago TT base sold for 2.3 billion or something like that. Someone can't buy this prop by just making SR. So just a reset will be better.

19 hours ago, FoxZilla said:

It really makes sense. Doing SR or BR means nothing because properties selling for millions and you are just having around 40k from a 1 SR and it means nothing. A few weeks ago TT base sold for 2.3 billion or something like that. Someone can't buy this prop by just making SR. So just a reset will be better.

You mean 3,05B :classic_cool::classic_cool:💪💪💪 ~Rogue 21~

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Dinaz said:

As exciting as it sounds, the outcome will not be as satisfying as your expectations. A complete reset will not result in people joining back obviously because they would have to grind all over again, to end up at the same point, rich and have nothing to do. Let alone those who only join the game once a month to keep their properties, they will not have a reason to login anymore (Why do they keep properties anyways? To come back to them someday when they decide to restart playing actively, probably never, but still...)

It is risky but at the end of the day it will give players something to work for again.

No if its just getting resetted and nothing more. 

resetting the Economy takes a huge step and alot of work with it. As for now we have inifinite money even if we would reset. This is just what Bone explained alot back in the days. If we should reset it needs to be done in a correct way where money doesnt just come from nowhere.

https://archive.saesrpg.uk/community/topic/101518-would-you-still-play-after-an-economy-reset-with-job-payouts-and-prices-lowered/

if it gets done in correct way im up to reset. But the fact about SAES V. Perhaps coming out soon, i dont see a point to reset the economy while it seems like most people will be switching over to the V server? 

I agree with the reset, new players don't stand an chance when trying out the server. Maybe a sort of compensation for the ones with an X amount of money right now in their bank account...? Like an special vehicle or property?

Cheers,

Naulty

I don't agree that many players would abandon MTA once GTA V server is open as It was mentioned above. People struggled to achieve their ambitions spending years on getting into DE, CLO or any other group, they didn't make this whole way to quit at their earliest convenience. But what really bothers me is that we can only speculate on what SAES activity is going to be like once both CS and DE recruitments are over. This could be used an an opportunity provided we manage to retain the current SAES activity with events, new scripts and that sort of things. But what if the activity drops back to 20 players a day, would that even be worth trying? The vast majority of inactive players would probably leave the server right after their bank accounts have been wiped. Some would come back farming cash buying every decent prop on their way. I'd say people here are more interested in joining organizations rather than making money. Money is what they need to create their own organizations (when we talk about big money). So as for me I don't find this economy reset a good idea for now. I really like It but It's risky. On the other hand we're now experiencing something similar to what It was like back in 2021 when there were 20 criminals per one cop. It's just not possible to stop a BR like that so criminal side gets richer while cops get poorer. I left criminal side long ago and now I can't even conceive of that much money some were discussing above. They can also get a lot of those turf wars as crank has already said so there should be any solution to balance the sides. But once again this all makes sense only If we can keep the activity, except the last part.

Hello from MarksMan

• Appealing, fun jobs should pay less than more tedious roles to incentivise variety.

I think this will make things worse because fun jobs will become boring jobs. Most of them are playing the jobs because of the money.

Yes, for resetting money and no for resetting houses and cars. I have over 100 cars, and most of them are V8 and AWD. About 20% of them are from the Nanoshop modded and are worth millions. Resetting just the money makes more sense because having cars and houses without any money doesn't make sense. For now, it's okay to reset the money and make jobs pay less or harder to earn money. Drugs and weapons should be more expensive, and cars and houses should also be more expensive. This will help balance everything out.

For those who play this game for a long time, resetting the economy will be disrespectful to labor. Because everyone in here  didn't earn money with money farming in turf wars
I think the fact that the players set the prices of their houses and cars according to their heads made money meaningless. This should be fixed first. Wiping players' money, houses,  cars will make  offended to players. Increasing prices in the game will reduce the motivation of new players. You should have made this decision long  time ago. If you do this now there will be chaos.  Most people are already waiting for the server to come out for GTA V. Only criminals make a lot of money in the game, so people do not want to choose another jobs, especially civilian jobs Make it harder for criminals to make money. Make it easy for cops and civilians (especially civilians) to make money . Do you know why there was hyperinflation in the game? There was nothing new in the game, nothing to encourage people to spend money. So people's money accumulated and money became meaningless. Ensure a balance of earning between jobs, Bring new things  for millionaires to spend their money. Bring cheap but nice updates for newbies to the game. MAKE SAES GREAT AGAIN 😄

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DROT said:

I don't think that the money reset should be thought about at all until the economy is fixed. 

Fix the prices, income, expenses and everything related to it. In case that you do miraculously somehow make it work, only then should old money be erased. There is no point to wiping money until the previous step is done. If the wipe happens and the economy doesn't get fixed afterwards (SAES is notorious for taking forever to implement something, that is if it's not forgotten halfway through) we'll be in a worse position than we are now with a bunch of annoyed players, one less thing to come back to, and an equally broken economy. This can't be done as a half-assed, quick patched attempt at affecting server activity.

Tldr - No money wipe until economy is fixed.

That would be the plan, all payment/economy elements would be fixed prior to the wipe, we wouldn't just wipe everything to be back in the same place in a years time.

On 18/05/2023 at 03:51, Dinaz said:

It may be a 50 50 risk that you will have to take, but since the server's activity is absolutely dead then what is there to lose anymore. However, there can be extra activities added with this as-well, the player will not have to wait between SRs and VIPs, you have to keep them busy going from a grind to another, basically like GTA V, where you go from a nightclub mission to another shit, but yea it'll be based on grinding for some time since it's a complete reset, and I bet this nigger ( @MrSolrac) will be a millionaire the next day the reset happens

I agree with dinaz

• Thanks 1

I strongly believe that implementing such changes, despite potential drawbacks for those who have worked hard to accumulate wealth on the server, is essential due to the current state of the economy. The existing economic system lacks coherence. Consequently, I am in full agreement with the viewpoints expressed by @Jay, @Crank and @DROT. They have already highlighted several important aspects, rendering it unnecessary for me to delve further into those points.

However, I would like to propose an additional crucial element that must accompany these changes: the introduction of a realistic banking system. This system would allow for loans with interest, banking fees, transaction fees, and even incorporate an inflation system. To achieve this, a smart script could be implemented to randomly adjust the costs and incomes associated with various jobs. By adopting this more realistic perspective and integrating these features, we unlock a possibilities for enhancing the server economy and obviously making it more fun.

This economy reset is a serious step, many gameplay aspects have to be taken into consideration. There's always something to be missed and so broken once the wipe is done. Event hosting situation is what comes to my mind at first. What would It be like when players would rather spend money on vehicles, properties, anything that they have lost instead of hosting events? There's a risk of those being suspended indefinitely. Imagive how many things there may be that we are forgetting about.

On 17/05/2023 at 12:28, Brophy said:

How could these issues be solved?

• Make it harder to earn money.
    • A balance needs to be struck so it's not too grindy, but also not too easy.
    • Reduce or remove money given for donations.
  • Balance the income from jobs.
    • Each job should pay roughly the same amount for the work up in.
    • Appealing, fun jobs should pay less than more tedious roles to incentivise variety.
  • Ingame assets such as vehicles and housing are to be re-costed based on a working economy but with the ability to adjust the market value based on demand or the current economy state.
    • This would involve an automated flag-based system when setting up housing, so area, housing features and house type would be taken into account to automatically generate a market value, instead of admins making stuff up.
  • Make it easier to spend your hard-earned money.
    • Add more ways to spend your money in-game on items.

To be Honest , There are some good points and some bad points tho , In my opinion if we make it harder to earn money the newbies will have a big problem they won't be able to have fun and get money , and if you reduce or remove money given for donations that would make less people donate to the server so i guess we just should leave Donations as it is , about balancing the income from jobs it is good idea to make everyone have fun doing all jobs , Nowadays people are just SRing , Turfing almost the time so people actually cant buy somthing with 40k from the SR tho so it would be difficult for people if you made it harder to earn money to be honest .

Edited by Ammarr

No, not because i am attached to money nor do i care about it but reseting the economy when there are no new jobs, nothing new to play as... what would be the motivation to play? unless you revamp the server with a new BR/SR/CR, arrest system, races and more jobs to make it attractive to play and i highly doubt you guys are willing to spend more time developing the server, specially now with the new GTA V server rumours. this could have been implemented before getting to this point being honest.

What about revamping the whole server? delete everything including orgs, groups, squads etc? with more new jobs and such?