[Suggestion] Addition to the current turf system[FEEDBACK REQUIRED]

PaiN500

Question

^[A new turf system!]

Hello all,
I have been thinking about a turf system and would now like to share it with you. There have been many suggestions for improvement in the past, but somehow it never came to an agreement and therefore it never changed. Let's try this.

^[Current turf system]

At the moment, the system works like this:

• 1 person in the zone = the zone is triggered

• 2 people in the zone = 1 point every 6 seconds

• 3 persons in the zone = 2 points every 6 seconds

• 4 persons in the zone, 1 opponent in the zone = 2 points every 6 seconds

^[This goes on and on....]

• The first to enter the zone can spray and win 45 points.

• The defenders can spray and regain 45 points.

It's currently quite focused on the quantity of players and rather less on the quality of players. So I thought, how about we change a few things so that the quality of the players also plays a role.

^[The new turf system]

The new system (my suggestion):

• 1 person in the zone = the zone is triggered

• 2 people in the zone = 1 point every 6 seconds

• 3 persons in the zone = 2 points every 6 seconds

• 4 persons in the zone, 1 opponent in the zone = 2 points every 6 seconds

^[It goes on and on like this]

• The first person to enter the zone can spray and get 45 points.

• The defenders can spray and regain 45 points.

• ~[Kill a player from the defending gang = 2 points]~(red)
    (This means that the zone belongs to another gang and you kill someone from the gang that currently owns the zone.)

• ~[Kill a player from the attacking gang = 4 points]~(red)
    (This means that the zone belongs to your gang and is under attack. You kill someone from the gang who wants to take the zone.)

• Kill a helper = 0 points

• ~[Helpers who kill attackers or defenders = 0 Points]~(red)

This way, turfing is not mainly based on the quantity of players, but also on skill. The possibility of winning a turf despite being outnumbered increases.

Why the attacking gang gets less points per kill?
Most of the time you decide to attack a gang when you are outnumbered, so I think it is fair if the defending gang has the advantage of getting more points per kill.

^[~[(The points per kill are nothing fixed and we can agree together on a fair distribution of points.)]~(green) ]

^[Share your opinions, suggest improvements and let's find a good solution together!]

3 answers to this question

@PaiN500 said in [Suggestion] Addition to the current turf system:

Why the attacking gang gets less points per kill?
Most of the time you decide to attack a gang when you are outnumbered, so I think it is fair if the defending gang has the advantage of getting more points per kill.

If this slight advantage is the topic I'd rather base this advantage on online and non-AFK members from each gang to encourage gangs to attack while even outnumbered. So that way let's assume,

• Attacking gang outnumbers with x amount of members -> defenders get more points for killing attackers

• Defending gang outnumbers with x amount of members -> attackers get more points for killing defenders

you would still have the guts to attack even when you have fewer members, but on the other hand, it's questionable if it's a fair system

Yes, but i think for the most fairness, To have both "killing points" the same for deffenders and Attackers.

in the end it always ends up bein often even or the deffending gang gets more players online than the attacking due alot of players actually wants to hold theirs gangs turf so they would login just to deffend it. But thats my though