Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones[SOLVED]

Lincoln

Question

I know letting squads turf was suggested before, but that was before the implementation of the hourly increasing payout for a zone you're holding.

Currently, there are 2 sides, one is outnumbered at the moment resulting in 1 side holding these zones for days if not weeks allowing them to farm free money. It's only logical to allow cops from stopping these gangs and "turf" a zone to stabilize it so no one owns it Including the squad that has just stabalized the zone.

Arresting is a complicated case here, personally, I wouldn't want to allow it since it ruins the fun, battle it out under.

• Like 1

19 answers to this question

@M7mDGr7 said in Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones:

@Lincoln said in Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones:

Arresting is a complicated case here, personally, I wouldn't want to allow it since it ruins the fun, battle it out under.

why don't the cops stop ruining our fun while we are turfing then

Lack of activity if 3/4 of the server are criminals and actively involved in these turf wars? If you allow them to stabalize said turf zones, doubt they'll bother you

So youre so bothered about us making free money that you couldnt handle it while being a gang member and now you want to turf as a cop Let me correct you there is no outnumbered side we are pretty equally split haha CDC, O, RF , HS, UE and Z against AA, BB, GT , M, CripZ, SSB and ThC.

And what's the point here? Resulting in more mess, flooding /reports and nothing more than that. If you have experienced real life scenarios in the west, turf war itself refers to controlling of territories. Police Department's job is to stabilize a turf war by arresting people when they are fighting for a zone, not to acquire a zone themselves as it makes no sense at all.

As for the outnumbering part, it is quite balanced with 6v6 gangs and some being neutral. However if a gang lacks in taking part in such activities it is not to be blamed at the other side securing zones for days using their strategy.

@Petrow said in Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones:

So youre so bothered about us making free money that you couldnt handle it while being a gang member and now you want to turf as a cop Let me correct you there is no outnumbered side we are pretty equally split haha CDC, O, RF , HS, UE and Z against AA, BB, GT , M, CripZ, SSB and ThC.

True that, sides are pretty balanced and both had their ups and downs and it was wrong for me to bring that up as an argument. But I still feel like cops should be allowed to stabalize a zone so it doesn't belong to anyone and none of the gangs regardless of side gets to farm free money.

@millionaire_ said in Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones:

Police Department's job is to stabilize a turf war by arresting people when they are fighting for a zone, not to acquire a zone themselves as it makes no sense at all.

I guess my wording wasn't clear, I meant that the zone would not belong to anyone after a squad has stabalized it, not acquire the zone for them

@Lincoln which still ruins the whole point of turf-wars. You neutralize a zone at night with 8 FBIs when "Gang X" has no active members, the next day "Gang Y" turfs it from you and shortly after "Gang X" turfs it back.

Meanwhile, cops neutralizing the zones would decrease the defense attitude from gangs who are trying to hold their zones and fight for them. It's not always about the free money, the economy isn't the best anyway. You don't want a gang to farm free money? Then you can ask your favourite gang to turf them.

@millionaire_ said in Allowing squads to stabalize turf zones:

@Lincoln which still ruins the whole point of turf-wars. You neutralize a zone at night with 8 FBIs when "Gang X" has no active members, the next day "Gang Y" turfs it from you and shortly after "Gang X" turfs it back.

Meanwhile, cops neutralizing the zones would decrease the defense attitude from gangs who are trying to hold their zones and fight for them. It's not always about the free money, the economy isn't the best anyway. You don't want a gang to farm free money? Then you can ask your favourite gang to turf them.

I see your point, fair enough. Let's see how others think about it maybe the idea can be adjusted a little _()_/

What fair point, please don't be talking about nights if you don't see what your gang do at night.. Saying 8 FBIs neutralizing a turf? UE be roof camping and afk in turfs at night with 2 or 3.. Now you come and say cops will be doing the same at night? ye ok so what.. not to speak about Latinos after midnight turfing and doing BRs..

Point is pretty damn simple and imo it will increase not just our activity within cop side but your activity aswell of more turfing and more zones from time to time..
f.e: a toggle cmd for /warfare or /war be added to cops.
Maybe for start we be neutralizing LV or SF not the whole map.. we test it out for both sides and see how it goes..
The squad neutralizing won't be actually having the turf for itself it will be neutralizing aka any squad will be there same as VIP.

Once the zone is neutralized, cops get a money reward and that's all..
For arresting, I believe to be fair once /war is toggled on arresting is toggled off. means it will be a normal turf no arresting..

There are cops who wouldn't want to have arresting disabled, so I'd suggest making it so that you need let's say 15 squad members to get into a marker before being able to start stabalizing zones, just like the current public bankrobs