Why not just use lua functions and compile to an executable instead of using MTA for it?

Because when you are mapping you have mta running already anyway, all you'd have to do is copy paste the file and type the command.

Why not just use lua functions and compile to an executable instead of using MTA for it?

Because when you are mapping you have mta running already anyway, all you'd have to do is copy paste the file and type the command.

Why not just extend the map editor with it?

Never thought of that. Might see what I can do about that in the future.

Update:

I've updated the script, the .lua file it creates now is considerably smaller in file size, the instructions are still the same, nothing has changed on that aspect so far.

It now also supports the breakable aspect of objects.

It now also supports double sided objects.

Update:

Updated the converter again. It now reduces file size even more by leaving out unnecesary properties.

This has a file size difference of about 25% compared to the original version.

New download : direct link 

Edit:

It now also converts the collisionless property of objects.

Edited by NanoBob-->

Update:

As suggested by Kasimir, with this update the map converter is no longer based on a command and is now intergrated into the map editor. You won't have to change your map editor, all you will have to do is run the map editor. And then run the map converter.

When saving the file through the save as option in the map editor there will be a checkbox with the text :"Save .lua copy". Check this checkbox and save. It will then convert the file to lua, and save it in the same folder as the regular .map file (It does not overwrite the regular .map file)

If you encounter any bugs, please report them to me and I will fix them ASAP!

Well furter information. Dropbox link have stoped working. 

Last update link which you can download does not have the Save Checkbox. 

Cheers // Linkan

Update

The download now links to an isntaller, the installer file will extract the files and place them in the proper directory. And afterwards it will run your server, More information in the main post.

Update

The download now links to an isntaller, the installer file will extract the files and place them in the proper directory. And afterwards it will run your server, More information in the main post.

Good job. But when you even already did update with "acl" file upload. You could had added auto start on the maconverter script to help newbies with startin that also xD

Update

Good job. But when you even already did update with "acl" file upload. You could had added auto start on the maconverter script to help newbies with startin that also xD

That's not in the acl tho, that's in the server config yes it's possible to be done but I'd rather keep that file like it is by default.

I don't get it, after i run the mapConverter what you mean by the checkbox? cuz i've saved it and nothing appeared 

2 minutes ago, Tamo said:

I don't get it, after i run the mapConverter what you mean by the checkbox? cuz i've saved it and nothing appeared 

Make sure you use the save as button, not the save button.  

Just now, NanoBob said:

Make sure you use the save as button, not the save button.  

For some reason in the ACL that  <object name="resource.mapconverter"></object>  is removed does it effect?

Edited by Tamo-->

Just now, Tamo said:

For some reason in the ACL that  <object name="resource.mapconverter"></object>  is removed does it effect?

Yes it does, that line is required in the ACL. did you modify the ACL whilst the server was on?

Just now, NanoBob said:

Yes it does, that line is required in the ACL. did you modify the ACL whilst the server was on?

Nope, But ill turn the server off and try again give me second

I closed my server and put the command again, Then i turned on the server again, then  saved the mapping and nothing appeared, Btw i should put the mapConverter in the gamemodes right ?

Edited by Tamo-->